• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

LDS4me
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Extended Balcony

I have 17 cruises under my belt, three of them with Carnival. I haven't sailed Carnival since 1996 on the Jubilee. The 1996 cruise was a comparison to the Tropical that I did in 1987, the loss of quality was noticeable but not extreme. The recent cruise with Carnival again was a comparison, and unfortunately I should have listen to my thoughts of concern but took another chance with Miracle.

I now consider Carnival to be a sub-par cruise line. The dining room food was fair, Haratios buffet difficult to find anything worth praising.

I don't like Carnival's liberal allowance for smokers, totally made our cruise very difficult to enjoy. Excursions over priced, better to book off the ship prior to sailing. Miracle is an older ship and is showing it. Leaks throughout the ship. Bed was very uncomfortable, mattress worn. The constant hassle of photographers to take our pictures was very annoying.

Extended Balcony

Cabin 8J

Average balcony with worn furniture and bed. Satellite TV was sporadic. Plenty of closet space, not enough drawer space.

Port Reviews

Ensenada

Same as last time, not much changed.

Kona (Kailua Bay)