• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Lost4words
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

First time with HAL and the last. What a boring, tired ship. The lighting is so dim everywhere and there is just no atmosphere at all! I travel mostly with Royal and Celebrity and there is no comparison. I found the ship cold, and it didn't help that the weather wasn't good and that I wasn't well throughout the whole cruise. I also found the staff very aloof, like nothing I've experienced before. The whole ship needs to be revamped. Its just shabby and lack luster. I couldn't find a central point such as a main deck area or promenade - the ship is so disjointed and really odd. I've been on 22 cruises so I am not a newbie, to tell you the truth, I couldn't wait to get off the ship. It was the worst cruise experience I've ever had, and it was expensive as I pay double being a solo traveler. Perhaps their newer ships have more going for them. There were some nice touches. I liked the bathtub in the room, and I liked the PG tips. Just thinking back to this cruise makes me feel depressed so I really didn't want to write a review, but after about 15 email requests I decided to go ahead.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VH

Nice cabin and very nice to have a bathtub .. but the ship is in desperate need of a facelift and the bed was hard. The verandah was shabby and everything had a lack lustre.

Port Reviews

Sydney (Australia)

I didn't take a shore excursion but I was in Sydney for 5 days and I loved it. Fantastic city with the most beautiful Harbor I have ever seen!

Find a Noordam Cruise from $699