• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Annturner234
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin:

I booked this cruise for 4 people after having a taster cruise on the Victoria in 2015 which was beautiful however despite being advised that we would probably have an 'upgrade' we ended up feeling as though we had been down graded. The balcony was smaller and as we walked into the room past the bed my husband bumped his shoulder on the wall mounted tv due to lack of space. The room looked tired and dated and as we stepped onto the balcony we were faced with a view at our feet of rusting metal. We asked for an unobstructed view but had lifeboats just underneath and a protruding balcony above us.

The food in the Britannia restaurant was fine and the service could not be faulted but the food in the lido was always barely lukewarm and the quality left something to be desired. I even asked if it could be heated up but was advised they didn't have the fascillity to do so.

We also walked out (as many others did) of the theatre shows as they were either a repeat of previous cruises or just old hat for people who were born in the year 1900. Alright I know this is impossible but it just felt like it. Being over 60 doesn't mean you want to sing "we'll meet again".

Find a Queen Elizabeth Cruise from $349