3. Norwegian Gem
This was our first cruise, so I have really nothing to compare to. I can say however that it was exceptional value for money, and that we are planning on going on another cruise with NCL soon. We certainly hope it will be a better experience though. Embarkation and Disembarkation were timely throughout the trip. The Ship has 14 decks of which Decks 6, 7, 12, and 13 are almost entirely made up of shops, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. The shows at the theatre are pretty good, we enjoyed the Second City Theatre show and thers while onboard. Food was ok. I wouldn't go for any of the drink packages in my next trip as I didn't see much value in them (even when you get unlimited drinks its a hassle to get a drink) unless you're staying in the ship the whole trip. We went to the Churrascaria (Moderno) and the service was not only slow, but the food was just off (specifically asked for a Fraldinha (medium rare) about 4 times and when I got it it was well-done). Best food on the ship was probably at the Garden Cafe and the Topsiders Grill which was almost contrary to what we thought getting on board. The food at O'Sheehan's tasted almost stale - definitely DON'T recommend it. Service was so-so, our steward (Edwin) was awesome but the rest of the crew was hardly mention-worthy. Norwegian's "Freestyle" concept is pretty cool though, food, drink and entertainment are available almost all day, all the time. Ports were great: St Maarten (Orient Beach), St Thomas (Lindquist Beach) and St Kitts (Cockleshell Beach) have awesome beaches while Barbados has FINE rum, and great people. Try the Mount Gay Distillery tour. Very family friendly and lots of kids. Recommend it to those who need R&R and really want to "get away".

Our First Cruise! Pretty Good!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lrojeda

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

lrojeda’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX 11040
Very good service. Our steward (Edwin) really took good care of us and made sure everything was on point.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins