3. Oasis of the Seas
We just got back from a 7 day trip on the OASIS of the Seas. It is only our third cruse, three years ago we were on the FREEDOM of the Seas, and two years ago on the Disney Wonder. One of the biggest things we were conceded with, especially after the Disney Cruise, was how vegan friendly the food options would be on the Oasis and we were blown away. The Windjammer always had a ton of options and there were great things at the Solarium as well for breakfast and lunch. Sabor was another nice treat. Another huge plus for us were the shows on the ship. The water show Dreams was truly spectacular and we loved the Frozen in Time ice show. Very creative takes on the Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales. The comedy show was as expected, a very funny routine. We actually didn't have time to fit in CATS. We were a little wary of the long running time, and there was so much on the ship to do. We did the FloRider, Rock Climbing, ZipLine, Minigolf and pretty much everything the ship had to offer. The arcade on deck 15 had a shockingly good assortment of games. The one thing we couldn't find was shuffleboard, which we enjoyed playing on the Disney ship. On Falmouth we did the Blue Hole and River Tubing excursion through Royal Caribbean and the Chukka group they worked with was terrific with some very personable guides. Jumping off the various rocks at Blue Hole was a once in a lifetime experience. In Cozumel we also did a Royal Caribbean excursion with the caves at Rio Secreto. Good experience with the guides again and the caves themselves were a true "wow" experience. My girlfriend ended up getting small rashes over parts of her body the next day, which we are attributing to the wetsuit. That said, I didn't get any rashes nor did two others that we talked to afterwards who were on the excursion with us. Service on the ship was exceptional across the board. Our stateroom attendant was fantastic. We had a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on Deck 14. Great room, but we didn't like that our balcony had these "extensions" going out which limited our view somewhat. It looked like only a couple of rooms have that type of thing on their balcony, so with that knowledge if we do the Oasis again we will look for a room number closer to the middle or front of the ship. We both got massages during the cruise. I went with the Swedish Massage while my g/f had the hot stones. Both were incredible, and we both got talked into buying product at the end. Despite the large amount of people on the ship it only was apparent a couple times, but really didn't affect our enjoyment at any stage of the vacation. On the last sea day when we left the Windjammer breakfast they were actually holding people outside in line and couldn't let them in until people left. I don't think I would have liked that at all if I were outside in that line. For the first time on any cruise we decided to try the ultimate drink package and it worked out great for us. While I drink very little outside of Miller Lites and margaritas at Sabor, the girlfriend was able to try a bunch of drinks throughout the trip along with the freshly squeezed OJ. Having the Coke Freestyle machines was a great plus, although I think the ship could use about 4-8 more machines spread out across the ship. Unless I missed some, more than half the Freestyle machines were located in the Windjammer and you couldn't get to them when the restaurant wasn't open. Not that there were ever long lines at any of the machines, you just had to go a decent distance to find one. The ship was in a constant state of being cleaned and every place we went to was spotless, including all of the public restrooms.

Oasis was surprisingly vegan friendly and had incredible shows.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by derekburgan

derekburgan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin itself was very good. Two things that we didn't like and would change if booking on Oasis again.
1. Our cabin was near the back end of the ship and had "extensions" that came off our balcony which effectively worked like blinders in affecting our view. Didn't ruin anything, but have had balcony rooms on both the Freedom of the Seas and the Disney Wonder and prefer the view without them.
2. We also like being in a bed closer to the balcony, and our configuration had the couch closest to the balcony. If I had thought about it earlier, I would have requested a change. More of a personal thing.
Decent amount of storage throughout the cabin, and the space under the bed was big enough to fit all 5 pieces of our luggage.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Amazing River & Cavern Explore
    Everything about the caves is impossible to describe and something everyone should experience. The negative was that my girlfriend developed a rash on the parts of the body where she was wearing a wetsuit. We've read some reviews before going in where people experienced the same. That said, I didn't get a rash nor did two others in our group we talked to afterwards.
    View All 140 Amazing River & Cavern Explore Reviews
  • Irie Blue Hole
    This was terrific. LONG bus ride, but well worth it. Had great guides, but especially Alan once we got to Blue Hole. Jumping into the water was wonderful. River tubing experience was relaxing and the Jamaican Jerk chicken served as lunch may have been some of the best food I had the entire trip. The seasoning was incredible.
    View All 56 Irie Blue Hole Reviews
  • Labadee
    Labadee is always great, but certainly a step below Disney's Castaway Cay. Girlfriend signed up for Yoga on the beach that was five stars. Finding good seating afterwards was not as easy. Buffet was solid and had great options for both of us.
    View All 1,818 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Getting in and out of Port Canaveral was a breeze on both ends, which was especially surprising at the end. The ship was running behind so - I'm assuming - more people were leaving in groups at intervals closer than usual, but the porters working the luggage were great. Parking was simple and the check in process couldn't have been easier.
    View All 2,177 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews