Dawn Princess Cruise Review

Dawn Princess Cruise Review by motherduck01

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

We embarked in Brisbane having booked our cruise 12 month ahead and I am glad we did as I talked to a few people from Brisbane, Harvey Bay and other places in Queensland who had to fly to Sydney to get on the ship as not enough people where disembarking in Brisbane.

I think it was a pity that we arrived in Suva on a Sunday as a lot of places where closed. After we left Apia I got a cold, I suppose I was one of the lucky ones. I always carry cold and flu pills with me on my trips. My husband got ill, we where cruising from Apia to Honolulu so he got lots of rest.

The ship was showing its age. No problems with the toilet in our cabin but I did encounter a few of the othr toilets on the ship that would not flush. I awoke one morning to wet carpet next to my bed, I rang the desk and they sent someone right away and it was fixed that day and the next day I was given some strawberries dipped in chocolate the next day.

Our waiter Max in the Venetian restaurant was really great as was our cabin steward Edwardo.

The food was excellent. I bought the coffee card so I could buy a specialty coffee. Did not use the spa treatmnts to expensive. We are not big alcohol drinkers but i did have a couple of cocktails which I did enjoy. We did enjoy the shows we saw and the movies under the stars on top deck.

Took us 90 minutes to get through customs in Hawaii, the queue was so long. We where given a time to be down in the theatre at 9am, luckily we decided to go down at 8.15am and get in line. I was happy we had booked shore excursions on some of the smaller islands we visited as I think we got to see a lot more. Got into an argument in the laundry with a man (cant call him a gentleman) he though it was rude that I wanted to use two washers, as he had finished his washing and no one else was waiting to use a machine I told him it was none of his business how many machines I wanted to use. I think he was more upset that he had to move his rather large frame of the chair so I could use the machine in he corner as 1 of the machines was out of order.

Apart from being ill we hd a good time. I love Princess cruises and will always sail with them. We bought our duty free alcohol on he ship and saw it cheaper in Auckland when we where getting back on the ship and more variety.

motherduck01's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview

Cabins are small so is the bathroom but you are not on a cruise to stay inside your cabin all day, even thoug we got sick we still spent time up on deck for some fesh air.

Culinary Tour

Really enjoyed this tour apart fom the beer part as they did not have us booked in for a tour of the brewery we only got beer tasting.

View All 11 Culinary Tour Reviews
Island Tour

Again very nice, our guide was an English lady who lives there, she wa very informative.

View All 49 Island Tour Reviews
Island Tour

Luckily we got the ir conditioned bus the other group did not. Bit scary going up and down the mounain in the bus clsed my eyes a few times, great views.

View All 20 Island Tour Reviews
Bora Bora

Only a small place but we ent ashore to find a chemist to get my husband some more cough mixture

Auckland

We just walked up town and found a coffee shop to be able to find a decent coffee. Bought up on souvenirs here.

Botanical Garden

Lovely, make sure you hve insect repellant on.

View All 23 Botanical Garden Reviews
Kauai

I just love the Hawiian Islands this was my third visit

Honolulu

I love he shopping in Honolulu, Ross stores are the best.

Suva

Pity we got into port on a Sunday a lt of places closed

Sydney (Australia)

Nev have liked Sydney just went to the shops to get a few things then back to ship for lunch and a relax up 9n the top deck

motherduck01