Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by timbandy81

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Stateroom

We have cruised 2 times on NCL, and first time on RCL with the Allue of the seas. It was a dream to for me to try one of the biggest cruiseship in the world. However, the biggest is not the best.

Price:

I found expensive the rate for this stateroom and unfair to ask a 2 years old to pay for the stateroom since a toddler do not get full access of the services on board. A toddler eat 1/3 than an adult and get only 1/3 access of the activites on boat, therefore, it make sense that the price should be maximum 1/3 or even free for kids under 3 years old. A big disappointment on the rate. NCL is much cheaper and offer more peaks.

Embarkment:

It was smooth, but our stateroom was on deck 3 was not accessible before 3:00PM. We had to queue more than half an hour in a snack bar to have lunch with our toddler and luggage, super unconvenient, and obviously no table available.

Window stateroom/ Deck 3

We stayed in stateroom 3244, 2 adults and a 2 years old toddler. The King size bed was comfortable, and the room was fine. As a recent cruise ship, we expected to find a ship with more modern design. The stateroom had a old style design. Once the sofa bed is unfold, there is no more room to move around. The bathroom was spacious enough (more spacious than on NCL). The stateroom was surprisingly very quiet and our stateroom attendant was amazing.

Young kids/ Toddler activities:

We never left our daughter at the nursery and preffered to share everything with her.

Caroussel was amazing, it was free with unlimited uses. It became a daily ritual for our daughter. Our daughter also enjoyed the shows at the acquatheater.

The swimming pool was extremely cold for kids and it was obviously not heated. Only a very small splashing zone for babies was heated. The fountains/ jets did not work all the time. There was no water slide for kids. The kids zone was also very slippery, make sure your kids do not walk without shoes. It was a disappointement.

The indoor parade was a great atmosphere and great experience for kids

Some of the activites for parents with kids were stupidily programmed during formal night

Enterainements and activites:

The shows were great, especially the one given in the aquatheater. This is an amazing area. I have tried the boddy board and surffing but the staff was not nice at all. Did not make you feel to do it again.

Dining:

With kids, we tried only the buffet and the main restaurant. The food is the same on both, just presentation better at the restaurant. The quality and variety of food could be much better. We only tried the complimentary dinning as we believe it is not fair to pay extra during your all inclusive holiday.

Service:

The ship was very clean and most of the staff was very nice. (except room service, maintenance operators, and body board/ surf staff).

Ports:

Labadee: artificial destination and poor lunch

Falmouth: You do not know what to do with kids or unless spending hundreds dollars in all inclusive day pass hotel

Cozumel: It is a nice destination as usual

Disembarkment:

The worst ever, we had to wait for 1.5 hour to exit the custom area. Be prepared to wait forever on the line.

Overall summary:

The overall feeling of the ship is good. The activites were good, the food could be better, too many people everywhere, expect queuing at all the time. However, I will not come back anymore on this ship category, when I cruise, I want to feel I am on a cruise and that we are navigating on the sea. Central park, this inside outdoor area, this is not the idea of cruising according to me, with no view on the sea.

I would have rated "Average" but because I deeply cut myself in the shower due to a faulty tile (to whom RCL is responsible), this actually prevent me to enjoy fully my vacation. This is super dangerous for kid and unresponsible from a company like that. My real disappointement is that the staff handled it very poorly with no care. I sent a complain email to report this issue and 3 weeks after I still have not gotten any reply. This shows that if you have a problem, just be prepare to count only on yourself, there is no customer service.

timbandy81's Full Rating Summary