3. Magellan
Just returned from a 3 night cruise with my partner from london to amsterdam then onto antwerp. Overall, i had a wonderful holiday. In regards to some of the things I experienced on the ship, at times i was flabbergasted and felt compelled to write this review, . PROS . Waldorf restaurant in the evenings is wonderful. Ample menu, good food, Mostly good service (I'll come back to this). . Ship very clean. Our cabin was very comfortable. . Evening shows entertaining, well scripted, brilliant dancers and singers . Very relaxed atmosphere- the friendliest cruise I have been on and we found the other guests to be great company.(good mixture of ages too) . Destinations were amazing. We had a thoroughly good time on shore and id love to return to Amsterdam. Port staff also really friendly, helpful and welcoming CONS . Lunch in the top 'informal' restaurant has not nearly enough seating and the food selection was very poor. . Hot tub was cold... too cold to even attempt to get in . We arrived late in both ports by 1hour- 1.5 hours . No drinks packages- something most cruisers expect as standard. (my bar bill cost me a small fortune!!) . And now my biggest complaint- Poorly trained/selected staff that could use some serious senior management. The restaurant staff were fairly professional, however they do require some English lessons on key restaurant terms ( a confusing couple of episodes re 'lemonade' and the wrong starters). RECEPETION... front of house and the face of any business... absolutely dismal. I took a dislike to one girl with a face like a wet weekend and a serious attitude problem- the others were not great either. ( I think she was head receptionist which is where these issues may lie). They seemed to have no regard for passenger welfare, solving issues or being remotely helpful... every time i went to the desk it was chaos and nobody knew what was going on. Bar staff all seemed to be doing their job efficiently, particularly one guy in the Tavener pub who was one of the only members of staff i came across who seemed happy to be there and actually engaged with guests. Some port staff were very rude and unhelpful- smoking in front of guests also- The biggest NO NO of tourism- very unprofessional At times the cruise was chaotic, stemming from the lack of staff ability and organisation. I would seriously recommend the management of this company travel with other cruise liners to get a feel for what good customer service is.

An honest and fair review... the pros and cons of the Magellan

Magellan Cruise Review by sjw2411

PROS

. Ship very clean. Our cabin was very comfortable.

. Evening shows entertaining, well scripted, brilliant dancers and singers

CONS

. Hot tub was cold... too cold to even attempt to get in

. We arrived late in both ports by 1hour- 1.5 hours