3. Carnival Ecstasy
I chose Carnival Ecstasy because the port was close to home. I did enjoy my time on the ship, but being that it's a smaller class ship we ran out of things to do and spent most of our time in library playing games. My six year old son refused to get in the one pool since it was always overcrowded. Dining in the main dining room most night was effortless. We were always seated right away. Night 2, I felt we were forgotten by our server. He left our area and didn't return for at least 45 minutes. We eventually received our food and it wasn't as good as first night. No one ever brought us a dessert menu or refilled our drinks so we left. After that experience, we only ate at the buffet. Camp Ocean served its purpose. The area was very small for the number of children. My kids enjoyed the planned activities and by day 4 they didn't want to leave. Enjoyed the nightly shows. I thought Hasbro game show was good, but too short. Only 30 minutes. I'd have to say the welcome aboard show was excellent. Great singers.

Great for Families

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M146
Stateroom was sufficient. I had oceanview on main deck 5. Very little room to walk around. Two beds pushed together and up against the wall. Then, upper pullman was down and a pull-out underneath.

Room attendant was excellent. He even knew our names. He did everything to ensure we had plenty of towels and blankets. Kids loved the towel animal each night.

I had no issues with smells as some have mentioned in other reviews. Also, a little difficult in getting temperature right in room. Either too cold or too stuffy.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Charleston
    Very easy getting on and off ship. Purchased Faster to the Fun and did a park and cruise at a nearby Hampton Inn.
    View All 237 Charleston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Charleston Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    I absolutely loved this excursion. The Junkanoo Museum had the most friendly group of people. I could have talked to them all day. Loved the nature center. Driving around the city seeing the different houses, churches and stores. Spent about an hour at the beach. It was relaxing and beautiful. Tour guides were knowledgeable. It was great way for my kids to see a different culture.
    View All 41 City Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    I enjoyed all but one stop on the tour. I looked forward to going to rum cake factory. While there I purchased three drinks and one cake. I paid the correct amount based on signage and what the man told me to pay. He then accused my children of stealing drinks and refused to let me leave until I paid him again. Very rude.

The tour was rushed at each stop, and many of the vendors would not take no for an answer. If your child touched it then they expected you to buy it. No haggling on prices either.

The best part was our tour guide. Very knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the history of Nassau and current government.
    View All 296 Island Tour Reviews