3. Adventure of the Seas
I was very, very disappointed with this cruise. First of all, Royal Caribbean advertises their ships on their website and in the media as having circus schools, surfing and roller skating. Our ship had NONE of those. Every time we tried to go to the adult area of the pool it was always jam-packed, with the hot tubs filled to capacity, and there were never any chairs available out of the sun. The pool was also fantastically freezing, one of the coldest bodies of water I have ever been in. The food was just ok -- the upstairs buffet got old quickly and again it was always mobbed with people no matter what time you went. The internet, also billed by Royal Caribbean as super-fast on all their ads AND their website, was so slow I bet my 1994 AOL dialup could have beaten it. And this was while using THEIR internet café! I asked for at a minimum an explanation of why it was so ridiculously slow after we got back, and Royal Caribbean didn't bother to ever respond. The process of getting both on and off the ship was a nightmare. I don't know why they even bother with de-embarkation times as it seemed completely arbitrary. We were all corralled into a sauna-hot metal warehouse with no AC for over an hour trying to get out, while people cut the line constantly. It was a disaster. The ONLY saving grace was the teen program that my son enjoyed and the amazing staff at the spa.

Teen program was fantastic, the rest not so much.....

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by amyhodman

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
I was very, very disappointed with this cruise.

amyhodman’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Worn and very cramped for 3 people. Everything looked its age in the room. Bed was not comfortable and bounced around all night long. After a few days the room smelled musty and like a locker room at the gym.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans