3. Radiance of the Seas
A chance to see Australia and New Zealand on 2 back to back cruises . Overall a pleasant experience and the captain was considerate in avoiding bad weather which unfortunately meant that we missed all the ports in NZ South Island . No I would not travel on Radiance again . It needs smartening up and the rooms are dated with plastic shower curtains that stick to you in the small shower . Carpets need cleaning . The staff were very friendly but clearly under pressure to get good personal reviews which made me wonder if the friendliness was genuine or just a front . Gratuities seem to be a constant issue and I personally would prefer to have this covered in the initial cost of the cruise and not as a separate item at all . Entertainment was good apart from 1 comedian - so over 2 cruises that was not bad . The food in both the windjammer and cascade restaurant was only mediocre with hardly any good fish available like prawns and smoked salmon . I guess that cutbacks were kicking in .one annoyance was that the only place to get an evening non alcoholic drink was the Spa coffee bar and it was rammed as it is tiny . They really need to make these late. drinks available at more than 1 station . The cruise activity staff were very good apart from 1 man in the gym that I found very rude when I challenged him about filling his water bottle from the fountain that clearly had a sign stating not to fill bottles . One rule for passengers and no rule for staff I guess . The centrum was a very small area for large scale dancing and shows . The spa and gym were very good . It's easy to find fault but overall ok but for my money I can do better .

Circumnavigation of Australia Oct-Nov 2016

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Wagtail1

Wagtail1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

The cabin was reasonable size with balcony . The balcony was mucky and the glass was never cleaned . There was a leak from the bathroom into the sleeping area which caused a bad smell however it was repaired and a dehumidifier dried it out over 24 hours . We were given a bottle of wine in compensation but I think the carpet should have been cleaned as well . The steward was very obliging and worked hard - the shower was awful - very small with a plastic curtain that stuck to you and didn't stop the water from splashing on the floor .
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans