• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

hvr747
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jun 2016
Cabin: Superior Suite

Although the ship was old and visibly in need of urgent repairs (some of these repairs were even carried out during the cruise and caused a kind of petrol smell in our room) and according to the Captain did not meet present environmental standards, we very much enjoyed the beautiful nature of Norway and were impressed by the good service.

We felt less impressed by the fact that the shipping line extorted from us an amount of fifty pounds for an unavoidable name change (my original guest not being able to join) and the negative reaction I received from the unsmiling staff at the guest services desk, when I requested a refund of these fifty pounds.

The lady at this desk even told me that she did not believe that Royal Caribbean never charges me for name changes!!!

Superior Suite

To my review of our cruise on Black Watch of 06/12/16 I would like to add the following.

After writing several times to Fred Olsen in person, I received a letter from the cruise line stating that I would receive a refund of 50 pounds.

But because of this complaint I would not be allowed to cruise again with this cruise line:

unbelievable, but true!