We were a little suspect of Oceania since we had been inundated by marketing material since we booked our cruise - back in March. But we enjoyed it very much. The Regatta is the perfect sized ship - easy to get around, you didn't have to hike from one end to the other. We noticed many special features that other cruise lines don't have..... free water and sodas in your cabin; free water when you leave for excursions; 4 free excursions; free dining in the specialty dining rooms; two "happy hours" each night with buy one-get one free drinks (and they weren't watered down drinks); and even free "virgin" cocktails. The staff was very warm and helpful. The excursion staff was very helpful, and didn't rush you into making a decision. Unfortunately, because of tropical storm Otto, we had to miss two ports, one of which was the Panama Canal, but that wasn't the fault of the Captain or the staff. The menus were varied and attractively served. We met many people who had sailed MANY times on Oceania. We perused the upcoming itineraries and booked our next cruise for two years out. The cabins are about the same size - other than suites, but it is the "extras" that might get you to upgrade - like extra options to eat in the specialty dining rooms, and priority embarkation and disembarkation. In-cabin dining was very special, prompt and the food was hot - even hotter than at the buffet. Highly recommended..

First Time on Oceania

Puppetlady67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A2 1723
All the cabins, other than suites seem to be the same size, and I thought the having Concierge Level should have provided a bit more room. Really appreciate the veranda, though we didn't really use it except to view the ports, and to provide an "extension" of the cabin. The bathroom was a bit small and we got quite friendly with our shower curtain. Hot water frequently ran out at shower time. Our room steward was very attentive - even having to change my mattress which originally had too much of a slope (I sat on the edge and slipped off).
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    I use a walker, and though the excursion advised against taking it if you had a mobility problem, it was not really a problem until the guide climbed the wall and went to an upper level. He didn't explain that they would be gone about 20 minutes, and would return to the same place, nor did he explain what they would be viewing at the upper level. So, when no one came back, I eventually was going to try to climb the wall with my walker. Fortunately, the group came back before I did something quite dangerous.
    View All 346 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We arrived in port late, so we didn't get to do the whole island tour. And some of the stops appeared to be rushed, because we had to get back to the ship in time.
    View All 84 Island Tour Reviews
  • Tequila Tasting
    It was interesting, since I didn't know that Tequila came in flavors.
    View All 117 Tequila Tasting Reviews
  • Island Tour
    I enjoyed the visit to the Botanical Gardens, though maneuvering with the walker was a bit awkward. Then we went to the Pedro St. John House. Because I had to find a way to get around, I missed a lot of what the guide said in his description of the park and house. I also was unable to go to the 2nd floor with the tour group.
    View All 190 Island Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    I enjoyed the snorkeling, but didn't expect to be so close to the ship. I did see fish, and a sting ray, and my face mask fit well. I was reassured that the mouth piece was sanitized properly (that was something that almost kept me from the event).
    View All 310 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Conch Train Tour
    It was really fun, but the driver spoke very fast, and it was hard to get the camera ready by the time we passed the attraction.
    View All 221 Conch Train Tour Reviews
  • Miami
    We boarded in Miami, and didn't take any excursions before or after the cruise. In general, there were few excursions offered throughout the cruise) where a person with mobility issues would not have had some difficulty, or where they were warned that the tour was not suitable.
    View All 2,402 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    The Island highlights was quite short, but our guide was very good, answering all our questions. The butterfly gardens were quite disappointing,.. not very many butterflies.
    View All 224 Island Tour Reviews
  • Swimming with Dolphins
    The "Swimming with the dolphins" is a misnomer. You don't get to swim with them, only get to stand in the water and hold one.
    View All 44 Swimming with Dolphins Reviews