3. Navigator of the Seas
RCCL Navigator of the Seas We cruised 7 days from November 27 to December 4, 2016, and this was our 57th cruise. We are rated Diamond with RCCL and we cruise with several other cruise lines. We had a balcony cabin. Cabin condition and its size were fine. Ship’s public areas were all fine. The food offerings in the main dining room and on the Deck 11 buffets were way below what we have ever experienced before. No salmon or fish for breakfast on Deck 11 – first time ever. They had prime rib on the main restaurant dinner menu twice. The first time it was very thin. The second time they said they were out and substituted pot roast. The appetizers were fine but the entrée offerings were limited and well below what we have experienced before. The check-in was terrible and the worst we ever experienced. The ship was NOT docked at a terminal but docked at a flat pier adjacent to a parking area. We arrived at about 12:00 noon and the line was estimated to be about 1000 waiting people winding around in a parking lot. No cover or roof over the long line. If it rained, we would have all been soaked. There were no seats to wait in. There also were no separate priority lines (as they promised) until you reached the inside of the relatively small tent structure. So we followed 1000 other passengers in the line, most of whom were not rated Diamond or better. So much for our rating. None of the RCCL staff seemed to care about how people were being treated. I estimate that we boarded the ship at about 1:30 pm, but did not write the time down. At 330 pm, the line was still at least 200 long, and there were still several hundred bags standing around the parking lot to be loaded. I have photos taken from our balcony cabin. We departed about 2 hours late because of the time it took getting the last bags on board. All the restaurant staff in every venue were 5-star great as in the past!!! There was only one production show during the 7-day show, and it was 5-star great! All the other evening entertainment in the theater was poor and way below average. The ice-skating show was 5-star great. The internet package offered for the 7-day cruise was the best ever offered to me. Instead of being limited to and worrying about minutes, we purchased a 7-day 24/7 package for one device for about $60.00 after our diamond discount. My wife and I could both log on using different devices but at different times. I was surprised by how many people were complaining and a few voiced real anger. Regardless, for the money we paid, we had a great vacation.

Not as good as it was and should be

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by samcevoy

RCCL Navigator of the Seas

We had a balcony cabin.

Cabin condition and its size were fine. Ship’s public areas were all fine.

All the restaurant staff in every venue were 5-star great as in the past!!!

The ice-skating show was 5-star great.

Regardless, for the money we paid, we had a great vacation.
samcevoy’s Full Rating Summary