3. Carnival Vista
We were definitely excited about being on the new Carnival Vista since we are Diamond Carnival cruisers. We booked a back to back cruise so were on the ship for 17 days.However, we were very disappointed in the way the ship had been designed. It seemed that because it was a larger ship they tried to fit in so many new venues and cut back on other things that are the regular Carnival design. The funnel in the centre of the atrium was very interesting, changing colour and design continuously. This replaced the glass elevators that are usually on the Carnival ships. It was very difficult to find the public washrooms and if you are a man and play in the casino you have to go up a deck to find one or walk the length of the ship on the casino deck to find one. The casino tables were so close together than it was difficult for the bar staff to deliver drinks as well as being difficult to get around the various tables. The public washrooms when found were very small, only 2 or 3 stalls except for the one in the atrium area had 5. They should have had large washrooms in the high traffic area where the Liquid Lounge was for performances, the Limelight Lounge,Punchlinder Club, Casino. In all of our Carnival cruises this was the smallest interior cabin we have ever had. There was only one closet with 4 drawers, no drawers in the vanity only 4 open shelves. No table only a stool at the desk. No extra hooks to hang wet clothes but there was a clothes line in the shower. Very disappointing. We had a leak in our cabin 2 days from disembarkation and were given another cabin to use for the day until the leak was fixed. I sent my laundry out to be done for the next day and upon return we were missing a pair of capri pants which were never found so Carnival reimbursed the cost of the pants. Additional laundry that we sent I requested it back the same day and there was no problem. There are metal door tracks for the fire doors around the ship which are higher and bevelled at the top, higher than the usual metal strips. I fell on one of these and damaged my brand new eyeglasses. We had purchased the Carnival Vacation Package for our travel and when I called the insurance company to report this I was told that they don't cover eyeglasses. I will avoid buying this package in the future. I advised the security staff that there should be a yellow and black strip placed on these higher tracks letting people know they should watch their step. Several other guests mentioned that they had also tripped over these tracks and almost fallen. There were at least 2 other people besides me who had fallen over these tracks and were injured. Matt the cruise directors and his staff were great. We had extra entertainment on the first leg of our cruise since it was a Journeys cruise and one the 6 day part of the cruise there were live shows every night and they were all excellent especially the production of "Flick". The Liquid Lounge was not built on a slant so you could see over the person in front. It was filled with individual chairs which they removed after the late show to turn it into a dance club. It was very difficult to see most of the performances if someone in front of you was tall or if you had a pole in the way. There seemed to be an overabundance of poles. There were several eating venues around the ship that you had to pay extra for which I thought was excessive. Why should we be charged extra when we already paid for the cruise. We ate pretty much always in the Dining Room for breakfast and dinner and would have lunch at Guy's Burgers which are to die for. There were two theatres on the ship which carried an additional charge as well. There was an Imax Theatre and a Thrill Theatre. We didn't go to either one once we heard there was an additional charge. There were 2 pools on the ship and a 3rd pool in the Havana Cove Balcony area that would open to all cruisers after 7 pm each day but it was only available to cruisers who had Cover Balconies the rest of the day. They removed the hot tubs at the main pool and replaced it with seats that allow you to immerse your feet in...would have preferred the hot tubs. There were plenty of lounge chairs as well as comfortable chairs and tables on the lido deck and lots of seating in other areas. Overall we enjoyed the warm weather but will probably not book the Vista again unless the itinerary is enticing. We had ordered the shuttle for embarkation. When we arrived at the airport at 1 pm we were told that a shuttle had left earlier with only half full, it broke down on the way to the ship and they had to Uber everyone to the ship. They didn't think there were enough people to order another shuttle. Meanwhile some people had been waiting up to 3 hours for another shuttle to arrive. It finally came around 2 pm and it took us 2 hours to get to the ship because of New York traffic so we never arrived until 4:30 pm in the ship.

B2B on Vista