3. Norwegian Jewel
This was our first time with NCL and probably our last. We booked this with a small group of friends and the organizer bailed on us. We were curious about NCL and the price was decent so we went ahead with the cruise as planned. The ship was okay, our mini-suite was okay but both could use a face-lift. Their decorators could use a lesson or two. No complaints about the food, actually it was better than anticipated. We ate in their specialty restaurants 5 times and in the regular dining rooms a few times. The food in the regular dining rooms was very good and the buffet was pretty good. My husband and I along with our friends appreciated the fact we could get fried eggs for breakfast on the buffet. My only complaint was no Lox and bagels except as salmon flavored cream cheese but you can't have everything. The staff were wonderful and absolutely no complaints there. Our cabin steward kept our cabin very clean and when asked for something always took care of it immediately. This was our 4th cruise to Mexico so we didn't care about the ports or shore excursions. My husband and friends enjoyed the Cirque de Soli type show. Our only regret was signing up for Thermal Spa. Very small, the men and women are kept separate except one area. Drink package is very misleading. Another error on our part.

Food and staff were wonderful.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Gail Velasquez