3. Serenade of the Seas
We chose this cruise because of friends that were also booked. If not for these friends and new ones we met it would be hard to find many positive comments other than the crew members. The flight to Boston was a breeze as was the taxi to the ship. To the best of my recollection check-in and boarding went smoothly. I recall seeing rust and paint bubbled as we walked along the deck to get inside the ship. When we went to our cabin on the inside we noticed the ship was really showing her age. Now it was time to get a bite to eat so off to the Windjammer to find the variety was not the same as other RCI cruises and this stayed the same for the next 12 days. Dinner in the Dining Room was less than exciting, we found it hard (some nights) to find something on the menu that looked all that appetizing. It used to be our evenings were planned around the show in the theatre but the quality of the entertainment was at an all time low. We went to two shows one of witch we should have got up and left. The in-house entertainment was so much better that the guest entertainment. Our favorite was the young man that played piano like no one I have ever seen. Now for the positive side: In the Diamond Lounge each evening we had one of the best bar tenders we've had on any of our 28 cruises. Over all the crew were exceptional from our cabin steward to the bartenders and fantastic wait staff in all eating venues. The young lady that made my omelet each morning was cheerful and just a delight. Best meal on the trip was at Chops Grill, great food and service. Would I cruise with RCI again, yes but probably choose a different ship.

What has happened to the food and theatre entertainment?

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Salty1945

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

Best meal on the trip was at Chops Grill, great food and service.

Would I cruise with RCI again, yes but probably choose a different ship.
Salty1945’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Cabin was just fine, quite and in a great location. could use some new furniture but for the little time we were there it was fine.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans