3. Celebrity Summit
We booked this cruise back last April, while on our first Celebrity sailing. We originally booked an Aqua Class room. However, we decided after final payment date that we would upgrade to a Sky Suite. This was our third sailing with Celebrity after about 25 on RCCI. A bit about Luminae. When we were bandying about the idea of upgrading, we asked a few folks we knew why we should upgrade. Almost universally, the answer was because of Luminae. I am not a foodie by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I tend to enjoy fairly simple food and don't tend to try new things. I skimmed some menus online and had decided before we arrived that I would likely eat in Blu for some of the meals, or order from the MDR menu. However, we ate in Luminae each night and I only ordered from the MDR menu once! I had some of the best beef dishes that I have ever had on a ship, including the Filet, the Cote de Beouf and the Top Strip. We asked the Maitre D about having the filet another night and he was all too happy to oblige. The service was outstanding in Luminae, the food excellent and it was never completely full. And I did try some new things! We did lunches mostly in the Oceanview Cafe. Having been on the Majesty for a 3 night cruise in September, the contract between the two ships could not be more clear. There was an overwhelming variety on the buffet, as well as freshly made pasta, stir fry, cook to order chicken, steak, pork chops or salmon and made to order Panini. There was always 1 or 2 meats carved fresh as well as a fair number of choices of hot foods, including freshly baked pizza. One of the best features of the Celebrity OV Cafe is the homemade ice cream. Did I say the buffet was very good??!! The other reason given for upgrading was access to Michael's Club. Now my wife and I are Diamond Plus on RCCI. Many of the ships have a concierge lounge for suite guests, to which D+ members are invited. It would be open for a few hours (usually 5-8:30). It is absolutely packed and often difficult to get service. The Diamond Lounge is usually worse. I say that to give some context to what we were used to. We thoroughly enjoyed Michael's. The first night the server asked us what we liked and make sure it was always available. Manuela is an awesome concierge - she helped us anytime we needed anything. If she didn't know the answer she would point us to the right person. The most surprising part - there was almost never more than a few people in there. The entertainment was quite good for the most part. We love comedians, especially when they are mostly clean. We were fortunate to have not one but two excellent comedians, each of whom did two shows. Both were excellent. The guest musicians, 3 Divas, were very good. iMagic was a cool show - we had seen it last time on the Summit but this was a different performer and somewhat different act. A couple of strange thing - the Love and Marriage show was done in Revelations Lounge, which was odd. The Liar's Club (our favorite) was in Rendezvous. It was weird to have these not in the theater. Liar's Club was OK but not great - Sarah made it funny but the other two weren't as good. We loved our cabin. When we upgraded, it was a Guarantee. We were given 6131, which is right near the Aft elevators. The balcony is absolute huge. We enjoyed breakfast out there several days. It is a bit different to have the Butler deliver room service, set up a table cloth, etc. But it was so nice to sit out on the balcony, watch the ship dock and enjoy the morning. Speaking of Butler, I still am not sure what his purpose was. He brought our room service and took our laundry but I really don't know what else he did or was supposed to do. We used some of our OBC to get a massage in the Canyon Ranch Spa. We did an early morning massage during one of the port days. I am a fan of deep tissue massage for tension relief (as in feeling like I have been run over by a truck) and my wife likes light pressure for relaxation. We both received outstanding massages. Yes it was expensive but we had OBC to use. All in all this was one of the best cruises. We have two booked with Celebrity next year, both of which are in standard balcony rooms. This cruise has made me realize that I would love to have a suite again, but of course it will depend on price!

First Time in Sky Suite

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by sonvoltken6

sonvoltken6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Sky Suite 1
Cabin S1 6131
The cabin was great - the size was similar to a JS on Vision Class RCCI ships. The bathroom with a bathtub was nice. This cabin has a glorious balcony!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    This was a great tour. Nellie took us around the island to see a variety of sights. She left it up to us to visit Nelsons (which is not free) or to see some high places for pics. We ended up at a beach for lunch and some time to enjoy the water. We had 8 folks in our group and it was only $75 per couple! This was by far so much better than a ship based island tour. Nellie/Unique Island tours is highly recommended.
    View All 160 Island Tour Reviews
  • Harrison's Cave
    This was a cool experience. We had a tour of the island as well as a visit to the caves. We wanted something different so we booked this. The caves were really cool, though I think I was expecting something different. We did enjoy it though.
    View All 79 Harrison's Cave Reviews
  • Rainforest
    We did this after our cruise, which included a drop off at the airport. It was a good tour, with a brief hike through the rainforst, a stop at an observation tower and a stop at a waterfall. It was pretty cool. The driver, rather than picking us up when it started pouring, had us walk back to the bus.
    View All 107 Rainforest Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was a boat ride to a snorkeling spot. A couple things - the weather was kind of bad. The boat ride was choppy but not overly terrible. The zip liners were on the same boat, and were dropped off in Soufries. The snorkeling spot itself wasn't great. We went in from shore and it was rocky and rough. Maybe it was the weather but most of the area was cloudy. However we did see some cool things including a group of baby squid.
    View All 53 Snorkeling Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    We were in port with the Silhouette, the Oasis, the Anthem and Navigator. That is about 20,000 people. We love St.Maarten and usually walk into town. Since it was raining we took the water taxi into town, and were back before noon. When we got back, there were easily 1,000 or more people in line for a water taxi. We bought a couple knick knacks and I also bought a camera lens.
    View All 4,722 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    The weather in St. Johns looked pretty bad so we decided to play the day by ear. It looked nice so we decided to take the bus out to the Paradise Point tram. Who would think it would be closed since only one ship was in port? But it was. Since there were no ships at Havensight (the RCCI brands now dock at Crown Bay) we decided it would be closed up, so we walked back to town. We walked around a bit but how many jewelry shops do we need to see? The weather was outstanding and I was bummed we didn't go to St. John's. But we enjoyed our time there.
    View All 4,641 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews