Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by Hoagmeister

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

The overall cruise experience was outstanding. The accommodations were first class and the bed was very comfortable, but the shower was too small. We also had a choice of movies on our flat-screen. The food was very good--especially the Red Ginger restaurant. The staff was very helpful and the string quartet was wonderful. We loved the afternoon tea and wished we had gone more than once. One negative was that Canyon Ranch nearly doubled the price of my manicure without telling me. I ordered a $47 French manicure and when I questioned the price I was told that the manicure I ordered wouldn't have lasted one day. If that were the case, I question why it was on the menu of services. The excursions were expensive, but informative and we wished they were longer. We particularly enjoyed our guides Diane (Dubrovnik) and Layla (Zadar) who were extremely knowledgeable and mature for their ages. They each also had a wonderful sense of humor. We felt the on-board activities were somewhat limited--perhaps add a comedy show, etc.

Hoagmeister's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin C 7080

The room was clean and well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable and the Bulgari soap was amazing and it would have been great if the boutique had sold it. Freddie and Medina were very accommodating.

City Tour