Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Charmcarm9

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our first experience with Carnival . My daughter asked for a cruise for her 30th birthday. My only stipulation was no airfare, so that meant Carnival out of S. California . To my surprise she found one the day after her birthday . So I booked the Miracle . It happened to be the 7 day Thanksgiving cruise . (Lucky me , all the kids vacationing, lol) The cruise was great . All the research I did prior to sailing had me with mixed emotions, but hey, it was about her celebration ,not me .

The embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. I was nervous about both . We checked luggage embarking and carried off disembarking. The ship was full of course but never to crowded anywhere. Our balcony cabin was roomy and had plenty of storage. (Wow , the views were amazing) It is called The Fun Ship for a reason, lol. Non stop activities and entertainment all around the clock . The service was good for the most part. I will get into that more as I review. The ports or port shall I say we're Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas (tendered). We had a very good time .

The steakhouse Nick and Nora's was a good choice . We were glad we did it . Our cabin steward was awesome . We meet her while waiting on my daughters luggage. She presented the questioniere on wants for the cabin. She was very personable and had a great sense of humor . She went above and beyond in my opinion. She saw it was a birthday celebration and made my daughter feel special daily . She had towel animals daily sometimes more than one . She decorated the mirror, she was always looking for her to make some jokes and even had birthday gifts cards for her. She made sure our pool towels were plentiful.She was a jewel for sure.

Room service was always delivered at the time requested. Breakfast on the balcony a must for sunrises. The food was decent . The Buffett menu was repeated daily with very little change . So pace yourself and leave something for another day. That might not be to bad if it is a 3-5 day cruise but for a 7 day cruise it became boring . The dining room had variety for dinner, thank goodness . The sea day brunch was worth attending for variety as well. The service in the dining room for early dinner sucked. Very understaffed for a holiday cruise, in my opinion. Our first night in the dining room ,my daughter ordered a drink while ordering appetizers and it did not arrive until her dessert was served. Many excuses in between. The kicker, the bar ran out of glasses! The night we did anytime dining we had excellent service. The bartenders on the pool decks weren't the friendliest, nor the servers . But the bars and lounges inside were great. My favorite was the Alchemy Bar . The drinks were amazing and the bartenders were so friendly and humorous nightly. Overall I would recommend this ship to anyone interested .

Charmcarm9's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8E 7222

Roomy and spacious for 2 people . Very comfortable beds . Plenty of closet space and bathroom shelving .

Los Angeles

Was stress free. Within 30 minutes we were onboard with a drink .

Puerto Vallarta

We did our own thing . Went to Krystal Resort for beach days.

Cabo San Lucas

Did our own thing . Glass bottom boat to lands end and to beach, and water taxied back to port. Great shrimp cocktail on beach .

Charmcarm9