3. Pacific Eden
Despite the negative reviews that had been given, the itinerary and the fact that Eden is an old Holland America ship led me to booking this cruise prepared to give the ship a fair go. If you want to read on further you may but to cut to the main point we had a wonderful time and have no complaints. There were a couple things to be worked on but nothing that we hadn't experienced on many of the other cruise lines we have sailed with. Sydney embarkation uncluding a ship transfer all went smoothly. Luggage was in our room very quickly and stewards introduced. We had an obstructed oceanview on deck 6. It was a perfect location. Large cabin with a bath in ensuite which I lived. However these pose a problem for people with mobility issues. Cabins are still serviced twice daily with rotating chocolates and towel animals. Very nice. Shortly after embarking had our first experience of the Pantry. The first thing that strikes you is the decor- modern and interesting. We ate here for breakfast every day and found it very satisfactory. Scrambled eggs particularly good as was the hollandaise sauce for poached eggs. Ate lunch here as well and enjoyed the variety of soups, curries, sandwiches and salads. Other days had nachos from the grill. For dinner half was at the Waterfront and rest at Dragon Lady, Angelos and Salt Grill. Some highlights at Waterfront- snails as good as had eaten anywhere, chickpea rissoles and anything with pork. Loved dragon lady and the variety of food there- menu changes every week. Salt Grill was pretty good. Unfortunately my husbands chops were tough but my selection was good. We had no difficulty booking in for speciality restaurants but this might only apply for longer cruises. There was plenty happening on board to keep you entertained and lots of lovely spaces to enjoy. Lectures were fantastic and informative. The one thing I didn't enjoy was the shows. I thought they were dark themes. Ports of call on this cruise were amazing and life challenging. If you can you should go esp to Kiriwina and Kitava. Could not fault the service from the ships crew. However the reception girls could improve their helpfulness and demeanour. Give Pacific Eden a chance.

Thoroughly Enjoyable Cruise

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by killarney

Give Pacific Eden a chance.
killarney’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Eden price drops

Great cabin location at the rear. Lifts were close. No fridge but the steward gave us ice twice daily. Good storage. Comfiest bed.