3. Celebrity Constellation
I have been on many cruises (over 85) and this is the most BORING cruise that I have ever taken. I am VERY disappointed with Celebrity and do not plan to sail them again. Our cruise from Athens to Abu Dhabi had many sea days. I love sea days because there are generally many daytime activities to keep me busy. I am not talking about the junk "seminars" which are actually infomercials to sell you something, I am talking about indoor games and activities such as trivia, tribond, bingo, battle of the sexes, scavenger hunts, name that tune, etc etc. During the sea days there were generally 2 daytime trivias and a name that tune. That's it. NOTHING ELSE. We had hours of down time which I don't like. I like being busy and going from game to game like most cruise lines and most other Celebrity ships offer. Bingo was canceled 3 out of 5 times due to lack of interest. I complained about the lack of game-type activities to Rich, the useless Cruise Director, as well as to Jess, the woman who did most of the trivias. My suggestions and complaints fell on deaf ears. There was really nothing to watch on TV (unless you paid for a movie) or wanted to watch the news (such as CNN or BBC) or Celebrity commercials which took up most of the channels.. They only showed a movie in the lounge once during our 8 sea days. There were some lectures on various topics during the cruise and they were taped and played ad naseum on the cabin TV. I have not been on Celebrity in 5 years and was SHOCKED at how this cruise line has fallen in quality. it is no better than Carnival or Royal Caribbean now. You are always hounded to buy something, the quality of food and service has gone WAY down and you are nickel and dimed at every opportunity. Staff cutbacks show at every turn - there is no longer a cruise staff to organize activities, there is ONE person! There is nobody in the library to organize and shelve books. Cabins used to have 2 people to clean them. Now's there one. Many of the crew speak English poorly and/or they are hard to understand. I also think that a lot of them don't understand English very well. My cabin steward and waiter and busboy are perfect examples of this as well as many crew in the Lido buffet restaurant. A few good things - the hollandaise sauce for the eggs benedict in the lido buffet restaurant for breakfast was awesome. So were the eggs benedict themselves. The Maitre'd and Headwaiters were very helpful. The price of the cruise was very good. They took our safety very seriously and I think that they even had armed guards on the ship when we were sailing in the Gulf of Aden. The WIFI was a bit expensive but worked very well and fast most of the time. I really appreciated having the speedy WIFI. I am sure that there are many people who took this cruise who enjoyed it but my mother & I certainly did not. Oh well. I did enjoy getting to Petra, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Also, Crete has great shopping!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Cruising Ginger’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8111
Good location near midship elevators. Quiet. Could use some updating and some decent pillows. Plenty of drawers, storage space and closet space for me (traveled solo).
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins