3. Celebrity Millennium
First of all, my husband and I are Elite Members on Celebrity, so have traveled on many of their ships. In fact, this was our third time on The Millennium. We chose this particular cruise for the itinerary, as we had not been to most of the destinations. We have also cruised on many other cruise lines. We have never had a problem with any cabin on any ship before and we don't tend to complain. We had no problem on our previous 2 times on The Millennium We booked a Veranda cabin on Deck 8. From the minute we walked in our cabin, it was nothing but problems. I took one look in the shower and found the shower unacceptable. The floor had cracked tiles that were dirty and moldy. Plus, it was dirty and moldy around the bottom of the shower. I immediately called downstairs and they sent management up to look at it. They agreed and told us it would be fixed the next day. I asked for a room change, but they said they didn't have one available. The shower was cleaned and fixed the next day. Our new friends we met on the ship had the same problems in their shower, only a lot worse. They even took pictures of the shower to show people. Management came up to their cabin also and they were immediately moved out of their cabin on Deck 7 and given a Cabin on Deck 8. Also, the bathroom is just very old. Still has a shower curtain, mirror steams up and no rod in shower to shave your legs. Ship has changed brands of their shampoo, conditioner, etc. and it is not very good. Cabin Steward never gave us any extra soap, shampoo, etc. unless we asked. Had never experienced that before. Millennium has also cut back to just 1 cabin steward, where we have had 2 for the last few years. Only having 1 cabin steward did not bother us. The shower was just the beginning of our problems. That was just Day 1. Day 2 - We had dark black water coming out of our bathroom faucet. Called management and they came to room. Said there were pipe problems. They brought us a 6 pack of water to brush our teeth. Day 3 - The wash cloths had holes in them and were paper thin. When I told my husband, he told me he had the same problem the day before, but hadn't said anything to me. I let management know about this also. I have never experienced paper thin wash cloths in any hotel or ship - anywhere in the world. This was totally unacceptable. Day 4 - We had no hot water and very little water pressure. Day 5 - The air conditioning didn't work all evening and night and into the next morning. Our cabin was unbearably hot. Day 6 - Had brown water all evening and night again. Brought us more bottled water. After Day 6 we asked for a meeting with management and we met with Antoinette - the Assistant Guest Relations Manager. I told her about all our problems and how unhappy we were. Of course she was apologetic and assured us everything would be fine from then on. At this point, she gave each of us a $200.00 certificate for our next cruise because we are Elite members. Day 7 - Once again we had brown water, the air conditioning didn't work in our cabin and now we had a horrible vibration noise in our cabin. Management came to our room and agreed the noise was horrible and would try to get it fixed. Still said they were having pipe problems. Day 8 - No hot water to shower - said because of the pipe problems again. Day 9 - Toilet wouldn't flush. Cabin steward couldn't fix it so they had to call a plumber. Day 10 - Horrible vibration noise again and this time the ship was turned off, as we were docked. The noise/vibration would start and stop. Now it has gotten to be 10:00 at night. We were dead tired after a long day on tour and another early tour the next morning. We called management to come and listen again, while my husband was already in bed. They couldn't believe how bad it was. They left and called us and offered us a different cabin to sleep in for the night. At this point, we were dead tired and told them we weren't moving. We got very little sleep that night. Day 11 - Vibration/noise stopped and then started again. I called down and asked to speak to Antoinette again. She didn't call me back and I had to call her two more times before she ever called me back on Day 12. Day 12 - Can you believe - no problems for the last couple of days on the ship. I told Antoinette again how unhappy we were and that I was going to be posting a review of all of this on Cruise Critic. At this point she told me she was voiding our $200.00 certificate that she had given to each of us. She told me she was now going to give each of us a $500.00 certificate for our next cruise on Celebrity, which she did. There were so many complaints on this ship regarding cabins. Our new friends each received a $350.00 certificate because of so many problems in their cabin. My husband talked to a couple in the elevator and they had each received a $250.00 certificate. I think the ship was giving money away left and right. Internet is very slow. It basically didn't work in our cabin. Much better in the public areas. Tours were fine - except way too expensive as they always are. Dining Room - The food was average - not real exciting menu. We had an outstanding waiter who made our evening meals enjoyable with our friends - Hernando. Was very disappointed they didn't do the evening drinks for Elite up in the observation lounge. They gave each Elite member 3 drink tickets to use in any bar. It's not the same. We threw them away, as we already had the free drink package. We enjoy the get together in the observation lounge from 5 - 7 pm each evening and definitely missed it. Cruise Director - Steve Gayda is very good. We have had him before. The crew was very nice and friendly and tried very hard to keep all the public areas spotless. Entertainment - We would say the entertainment was average to a little above. The singers and dancers are very good and those kids work hard at putting on a lot of shows. The acrobat show was very good, until the woman fell to the ground from way up high and crashed on the stage. That was so scary and needless to say, the show ended. Stores - It's always the same o - same o merchandise. They need to get some new buyers for the stores. Bottom Line - We would never go on The Millennium again. Our cabin experience was horrible. This ship needs to be retired. We even heard a rumor from more than one person that this ship is supposed to be sold, but don't know how true this is, since it is already booked for the next couple of years.

The Millennium Needs to be Retired

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by sharonbear

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

The shower was just the beginning of our problems. That was just Day 1.

Day 4 - We had no hot water and very little water pressure.

Day 8 - No hot water to shower - said because of the pipe problems again.

Tours were fine - except way too expensive as they always are.

sharonbear’s Full Rating Summary