• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: AquaClass 1
Roman Theater in Cartagena, Spain
Goats on the Argan tree in Agadir, Morocco
A lady in the souk breaking the Argan nuts.
Camels in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Step pyramid in Tenerife, Canary Islands
Eating tapas and drinking sangria on the lawn while leaving Tenerife.
My lunch :)

My husband and I were on Celebrity Equinox’s Oct 25th transatlantic crossing, leaving from Barcelona, going to Cartagena (Spain), Agadir (Morocco), Lanzarote (Canary Islands), Tenerife (Canary Islands), and ending in Ft Lauderdale. This was our first transatlantic crossing! We chose this itinerary because of the exotic ports and also because it was relatively affordable, even with the double open-jaw airline tickets. We booked directly with Celebrity for the cruise and air package. The airline tickets came out much cheaper than if we had booked on our own. We chose an Aqua class cabin for the exclusive dining at the Blu Restaurant and for the spa access.

EMBARKATION:

We flew out of NY on American Airline on Monday afternoon, arriving at Barcelona airport at 7AM on Tuesday, the day of embarkation. I purchased Euros at a counter near the luggage carousal while my husband waited for our luggage to arrive. The rate there was rather expensive. Next time, I’ll try the ATM machine.

AquaClass 1

Cabin A1

The room was sufficient but lacked storage space. It's ideally located on the 11th deck with easy access to gym and spa.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Spain)

We booked a tour for Panoramic Cartagena and wished we didn’t. We sat mostly in the bus and the highlights were visiting the lighthouse of Cabo de Palos (we just walked around the base) and the Roman Theater, which was more interesting but we could very well have walked there from the ship on our own.

5 Helpful Votes