3. Harmony of the Seas
We were traveling as a group of 10 - 5 adults and 5 kids (ages 6-9) spread across 3 cabins. This was my first Royal sailing as well after spending the last several sailings on Disney (Fantasy & Magic). We decided to try something different (and something that cost less). This was a Thanksgiving cruise and it was completely full. If you didn't have reservations for everything prior to boarding this ship you weren't going to do much. I need to specifically point our dining room waiters - who saved this cruise from being a disappointment. Their caring attitude, graciousness, and warmth truly counterbalanced all the issues that I encountered. The ship itself was beautiful, there were tons of activities for all to enjoy and the food in the MDR (we were in Silk on Deck 5) was very good. Where the ship failed was in everything else. I had two cabins under my reservation and our friends had one cabin under theirs. I had tried to book reservations for all ten of us under MTD when it opened but was ever able to get it to work. I called Royal and was told to just visit the restaurant when we boarded to get reservations. We all boarded by 12PM and I headed straight to get our dining reservations - 4 lines of people at least 20 deep trying to get issues with their reservations fixed. Installed the Royal IQ app while standing in line and the only reservations available for the first night were for 9:00PM - forget trying to get reservations for the rest of the week - there were none available. Finally get to the front and am told sorry the only reservations available all week are at 9PM. They suggest I try the main dining room and try to get traditional dining. Head down there and they are completely booked for both early and late seating. Checked the Royal IQ app again and by some miracle a 5:30PM slot for the first evening was available which I booked. We dined in Silk the first night and the waiter asked if we were coming back the next day at the same time - we said we would like to but didn't have reservations. He then went to the Maitre'D and managed to get us reservations every night at 5:30PM for the rest of the cruise. 6th day of the cruise we decided to try ice skating. Daily program the night before said to show up at 9:30AM at the ice skating rink to make reservations for the rest of the sessions being held that day. I showed up at 8:45AM, stood in line for 45 minutes only to reach the front and be told that the daily program was incorrect and they were not taking reservations for the rest of the day. I'm then told that I need to come back 30 minutes prior to the session I want later in the day to wait in line and get tickets. I come back at 2:45PM for the last session being held at 3:30 only to be told that they started giving out afternoon reservation slots at 12PM for the rest of sessions being held in the afternoon and there are no more slots left and nothing can be done, but I could try again the next day. Most of the crew (with the exception of our dining room staff) seemed like they would rather be somewhere else. At the rock climbing wall while my daughter was getting ready I overhead one of the rock climbing staff say to another staff that she should hurry and get her break in before the rest of the cattle show up - and that's exactly what it felt like. I had no expectations coming on this cruise and the only reason I booked was to see the ship - so in that regard the vacation was a success. But it was also sad in that I was really hoping that Royal Caribbean could be a replacement for my family vacationing on Disney Cruises. My wife and I would always ask each other why do Disney Cruises cost so much more money than other cruise lines and I now see where the extra money is spent.

Beautiful ship, but completely falls apart in service.

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Fruggers

Fruggers’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Cabin was very decorated and appointed. No obstructions with the view and everything worked properly. There is no AC outlet behind or near the wall mounted TV so if you're going to plug int a Roku or something else you'll need to use the TV's USB power. Also will need a universal remote to be able to switch HDMI inputs on the Samsung TV.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans