3. Amsterdam
While a seasoned cruiser, this was my first long cruise ( 48 days ). The cruise, especially the itinerary was great. Holland America staff work very hard to make sure that every guest has their needs met and exceeded. I was very pleased with the food selections, the wait staff, the excursions, the ports, the cabin and the on-board ship activities. Since there were quite a few sea days on this 48 day cruise I am happy to report there were on-board activities that were appropriate for a South Pacific cruise ( hula dancing, ukelele lessons, crafts such as bracelet and headband weaving, lei making, etc.). Also there were guest lectures dealing with South Pacific/sea topics. Then there was bridge, tai chi, boat making contests,and culinary classes and demos. Sadly, I am not certain I would sail on another long cruise. There were many, and I mean many, cranky, nasty guests on board. For a crowd of folks to be so miserable, cranky and foul of mouth, I was shocked and saddened. This amazing cruise and so many miserable acting guests. I inquired from several staff at various levels, and they consistently shared that the long cruises "attract" this type of guest. One upper level staff member said I hadn't seen anything yet until you have seen the "cane wars"...yes old people hitting each other with their canes. I was kicked, physically assulted, by two guests, on seperate occasions. I was told that some guests suffer from dementia, hence the crazy behavior and foul language. I loved the cruise in spite of the difficult guests. Unfortunately there isn't anything HAL can do about rude, mean guests. I probably will sail HAL again if they sail where I want to go, but it probably would be on a shorter cruise.

Excellent Service But Some Questionable Guests

JonesCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin EE 3320
Adequate size and storage. GREAT location close to elevators/stairs and exterior door to the lower promenade deck! I would select this cabin again.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins