3. Pride of America
I chose this cruise this cruise because it was the only one that began in Honolulu and visited some islands for more than one night. I have sailed happily on NCL before. Booking was easy and the website gave useful information. Embarkation and Debarkation went smoothly. I especially liked being able to walk off the ship with my luggage. The cabin was as expected: ample space for belongings and a small, but OK, bathroom. I don't know how a person of ample size would manage the shower. The supplies were good and our attendant brought me a bar of soap when I asked for it. The anytime dining room experience was only fair: twice I waited a long time for my entree, once it took forty-five minutes and another time one hour. Never did the food arrive hot. The food selection was decent. Food in the East Meets West were served hot and in a timely manner. I was surprised to notice that there was an ice cream station and ice cream was not free. Since I do not indulge in ice cream, it did not matter to me but I hardly saw anyone buying any ice cream. Front desk personnel were knowledgeable and pleasant as were Shore excursion folks. However, many of the dining room people seem to need some training. Others were personable and able. The entertainment was passable, but ordinary: bright lights and loud music. The shows were very short in length. Seating was good. I would have liked more "serious" lectures about the environment, such as the sea life, plants and animals in the areas the ship visited. All in all. it was an alright experience, but not special.

Visiting Hawaii

Pride of America Cruise Review by sojournertruth

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Hawaii

All in all. it was an alright experience, but not special.

sojournertruth’s Full Rating Summary