• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

Grandeur was great as usual

Review for Grandeur of the Seas to the Bahamas
queenmum532
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

We like to sail from Baltimore and the Grandeur is the only ship of the Royal Caribbean fleet that sails from that port. It is only three hours but we go the day before and stay at the Best Western, part the car and use their shuttle service (KD Elite) which has the system down to a science. We have grown to love the Grandeur as we sail often during the winter months.

Lately I have read many negative comments about this ship on the roll call, but I must say we did not encounter unhelpful crew, the food was good (not four star but good). We had shrimp cocktail many evenings, no shortage of beef (as I read) and we went to Chops and Giovanni's and enjoyed filet and a great selection of dishes including Osso Buco.

The entertainment was good and varied although I will say the Theater shows are a little old even with new singers and dancers. That is what happens when you are on the same ship too often. Did miss the trapeze show in the Centrum but I imagine it takes a lot of training and perhaps the ones on the Grandeur went to the larger ships. The activities offered are many and we are always entertained from wine tasting to the chili contest and the belly flop contest. At night my husband and I loved the RC Jazz Band and the full Orchestra. Also the Piano Bar with Tony B was fun. He was so much better than the last few RC has had on the Grandeur. The Love and Marriage game was great. One of the best this time. Also, the Cruise Director and his crew were so good.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin G

Clean, neat and a great place to sleep, shower and change clothes. We do not spend much time in our cabin.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Not much to see once you have been there.

Baltimore

We always go to Baltimore the day before sailing. Visit family and then go to the Best Western.

Nassau

This was ok. Not want I want to keep repeating.

1 Helpful Vote