We booked this cruise because of the ports and Jacques Pepin would be on board. We upgraded to a marvelous Owners suite--8th floor. I didn't like we were on the 8th floor at first, but once in suite, it was glorious and contrary to other reports, we got lots of sun on the balcony (we were in an oceania suite on prior cruise and never got sun...so it depends on how the ship is sailing). Food was always good...service in Jacques was rushed, Toscana very slow and Polo right on the mark. We ate in our room several times and Butler always did a great job. Service: Cabin service was always good. Our butler was very good. We were alerted by another CC person that there was a virus on the previous cruise. When we boarded there was no sign of the virus OTHER THAN the endless TV "ads" about washing hands and singing happy birthday twice. There were also announcements about how important it was to have a clean ship. Needless to say, even though, (and I applaud the Staff) we weren't at a high level of sickness, the Captain was always one step ahead of protocol to prevent further spreading. It didn't work! I got sick on day 3--24 hour virus as did at least 6 other people I knew from CC. It took me two bounces to get attention from the infirmary and got a great nurse to come to my room with nausea pills and tylenol for my fever. Here is my BIG issue: When I wanted to speak to the GM and applaud the efforts of the crew in trying to keep one step ahead (as well as point out some of the areas that could be improved), the front desk wanted to know if I had an appt, then would not give me an appt and asked if I could speak to the Cruise director...and eventually got the assistant cruise director. REALLY? Each and every time on previous cruises, when I wanted to speak to the GM, I GOT TO THE GM! I am only a 7th time cruiser and I was in the Owners suite, but that made no never mind. This is the second cruise in 1 year that got a virus. CLEARLY there is a problem with Oceania protocol, even though I do applaud their efforts for going above and beyond. For example, on Riviera last year, they NEVER enclosed the buffet with saran as they did on the Marina to prevent folks from trying to touch things. I STILL THINK OCEANIA DOESN'T GET IT. AND the GUESTS don't get it. When the Cruise Director refused to pas the mike around during a wonderful event with Jacques, the guests booed the concept. REALLY? They wanted to pass germs around? Unfortunately the CD didn't handle it well as he did not tell Jacques in advance how he would handle the Q/A and even Jacques made fun of the arrangement. The CD should have made a direct comment about the safety of the passengers but instead just said this was CDC protocol (like who cares or understands)..... Bottom LINE...I am going to try a different cruise line before I return to Oceania...I am very disappointed.

Service is Down

Marina Cruise Review by Cicada1

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite

Service: Cabin service was always good. Our butler was very good.

Cicada1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Owner's Suite
Cabin OS 843
Cabin was wonderful. Lots of light and great views and HUGE of course. I do like Oceania Suite better, though....the media room is the best.

I just wish the staff would pay more attention to cleaning carpets (steward is not responsible but had put the team on notice). Carpets get so badly soiled and if they cleaned them they would look and last longer.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins