3. Pacific Jewel
Wasn't very impressed at all. Being an ex cruise ship employee I have sailed on many ships and found this one to be best summed up in one word - tired! The interior of the ship is dated and in some parts worn and dirty. One waiter and purser were downright rude ( Restaurant supervisor on the other hand was extremely helpful but shouldn't have had to be called). The pantry food was fairly lacklustre and not one of our group of 16 was impressed. The Salt Grill was the only food that really impressed us but too expensive to dine in all the time. We bought the pre paid beverage package but found all drinks had still been charged to our accounts. I had also been charged for cocktails I hadn't ordered and had a time trying to have them removed from account. Someone had given my cabin number and a manual entry without my card had been made. There was never enough beach towels and we used bathroom towels to go on a shore excursion. Our steward was lovely but constantly apologising and saying how tired he was. The ents officers were great though and the Bianco party was a hoot! I was impressed with embarkation and disembarkation, it went smooth. I was overall disappointed as I really wanted my friends who hadn't sailed before to see how great cruising can be, but unfortunately most have said they wouldn't cruise again after their experience.

4 night sampler - Moreton Island

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Harneynay

Harneynay’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

• Snorkeling
    We snorkelled the ship wrecks off the island. Our guide was very helpful especially as I was a complete novice. We snorkelled the length of the wrecks for approx. 30 minutes before hopping back on a boat to take us back in. Would recommend it.
    View All 4 Snorkeling Reviews