Noordam Cruise Review

Noordam Cruise Review by rks@cc

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Verandah Suite

We selected this cruise for the itinerary for 43 days. We wanted to see Hawaii, some of the South Pacific Islands, Australia and New Zealand. We opted for a Neptune Suite which had the perk of the Lounge, which we thoroughly enjoyed and used a lot for an intimate continental breakfast and lite bites throughout the days at sea. The suite itself had very comfortable beds and an abundance of space but horribly uncomfortable chairs at the desk and coffee table. It was also miserable to have a full meal served inside on the coffee table so we did not do that very often. The food that we enjoyed the most was in the Pinnacle Grill which had excellent meat and side dishes simply and tastefully prepared; not drowned in some weird 'gourmet' sauce. For that reason we avoided the main dining room and for the fact that green salads were very scarce on that menu. It was gourmet fare, which we don't enjoy, and required patience to wait for service. We took advantage of the salad bar in the Lido every night, frequently to the exclusion of other entrees offered and stuck with ice cream for dessert. I lost 10 pounds as a result...pretty good for a 43 day cruise! We are avid readers so loaded our Kindles and did not participate in ship activities or entertainment other than the casino and Bingo. I am mobility challenged and have found that I cannot fully participate in large bus tours so did not arrange but 2 with Holland America. I arranged private tours on my own. Accessiblity on the ship itself was very good. The most outstanding part of the cruise was the service. It was absolutely impeccable while on board. However, I was dropped on my own to disembark since I didn't request a wheelchair but I had a walker and luggage and was not offered any help from the ship into the luggage area. Miserable! Yes, I will consider Holland America for another cruise but maybe on a different ship with nicer décor.

rks@cc's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SB 7066

Very comfortable beds. Abundant storage space. Terribly UNcomfortable chairs at desk and at coffee table. Having meals on a coffee table was dicey.

San Diego Zoo

Booked a small guided tour with the Zoo directly. Wonderful experience with excellent zoo guide.

View All 15 San Diego Zoo Reviews
Luau

Show was excellent. Food was cultural, some we liked and some we didn't; very plentiful. Was NOT warned that seating was in sand, which was practically impossible to negotiate with a walker.

Very well done tour!! Exceptional views of scenery. Exceptional pilot and staff.

Island Tour

Too hot to enjoy.

View All 15 Island Tour Reviews

Very well done Noumea tour.

Blue Mountains

Excellent tour, excellent guide. Beautiful scenery, fun wildlife.

View All 29 Blue Mountains Reviews
Featherdale Wildlife Park

Fun. Great experience to be so close to Australian wildlife.

View All 12 Featherdale Wildlife Park Reviews

Helicopter gave us the time to see this amazing area on our cruise schedule.

Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary

Excellent guide, Andrew who was wonderful to be with and provided an excellent tour.

View All 31 Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Reviews
Mount Wellington

Excellent tour!

View All 9 Mount Wellington Reviews
Otago Peninsula and Yellow-Eyed Penguins

Well planned and excuted tour with Joanne.

View All 21 Otago Peninsula and Yellow-Eyed Penguins Reviews

Stunning views; wonderful guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

A most enjoyable time in wetlands with excellent guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Unique views of the area in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Excellent guide and driver.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Photo tour with professional photographer who was very helpful with tips and ideas.

rks@cc