• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

16traveller20162016
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: AquaClass 1

This was our return transatlantic cruise after 1.5 months travels in Europe. We usually choose an Aqua class or Sky suite, and this time it was Aqua mainly because of Blu restaurant that we like more than Luminae. The Ship is large but there was unavoidable overcrowding....that is expected. Cabin met our expectations, and we had great cabin attendants, Dinesh and Roy. The balcony was washed 2 times during the 13 nights cruise, no complaints here. On our previous cruise in April on Equinox (as well as all previous cruises), there was bottled water provided in Aqua cabin on daily basis....no more. Cost cutting, reduction of cargo weight, fuel efficiency improvement, waste reduction, profit improvement - you name it!

Dining was generally good. There was one main course item named "veal chop" that reminded me the rubber shoe sole. Too bad I did not have power tools to deal with it. I did not ask, nor was I offered replacement... "will report to the chef" was the comment. It seems that the number of assistant waiters is greatly reduced, and tasks were limited to deliver water, desert, coffee, and cleaning tables. This backlogged waiters, and while we were coming for dinner at the about the same time, the wait sometimes was excessive... leading to excessive bread consumption:( at the table, or holding pager. In other words, there were empty tables, but no capacity to service them. Needless to say all waiters worked their tails off to get their part of the job done - and with the smile.

As for entertainment it was a typical cruise type with (the same) the guest stars....well, some of them we saw more that once, and it was not funny anymore to hear the same stories and jokes. Oh well - this is my problem, need to cruise less. Cruise director was great and funny, with his own style of entertainment.

AquaClass 1

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Spain)

After 1.5 months travel did not feel I want to get off

Barcelona

Stayed in Costa Brave for 10 days and 6 days in Barcelona prior to Transatlantic cruise

Lanzarote

will visit next year on return cruise from Rome

1 Helpful Vote