• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Magic Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Love cruising Carnival most of the time

Review for Carnival Magic to the Southern Caribbean
sillysully11
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Balcony
Magic in port in Curacao

This was a new cruise for us as we had never been to the southern caribbean. We had anytime dinning and were thrilled with the service and wait staff lead by Alejandro and his team waiter Gede. If you are in the southern lights dinning room ask for Alejandro and tell him John and Doreen said hello.

The cabin we were in was 9235 and it was a standard balcony with plenty of room. I only wish the showers were bigger. I'm 6'5" and just fit unless I stick my you know what out of the curtain. We enjoyed the trip very much but decided that 4 sea days is toooooo much. The food was normal cruise food, some times tasteless and full of empty calories. The dinners were delicious. We did go to the Italian restaurant and it was great with the food and signing waiters, at least the waiters that could sing, A for effort. But what we did find was that we could eat lunch in the italian restaurant without the up charge. Highly recommended.

I also would say that Carnival has cut back on a lot of services and staff and you will notice it if you have been cruising with them for a while. Such as no night time chocolates at you turn down and Pizza not at the ready when you walk up. Guys hamburgers are great and worth the wait if there is a line. It moves fast. The later in the cruise you get the less of a line there is.

Balcony

Cabin 8D

Large enough but the shower is too small for tall people like me. I made due. The service from Rina was wonderful. It is an adjoining room so it isn't as sound proof as I would like. Nice to be 1 deck below the food and far enough away to walk(exercise) to all other locations.

Port Reviews

Curacao

Good spirits.

Aruba

Great time and cost. (+297) 560-4537 Worth the time and money!!!!!!

1 Helpful Vote