3. Celebrity Millennium
Where to begin? We sailed on this ship in 2002. Totally different experience now. Realizing the ship has seen better days, this itinerary worked for us. 3 years ago we sailed on Silhouette, and couldn't have been more satisfied. Lets begin with the concierge balcony stateroom. What we expected size wise. However that is where it ends. Dust ruffle on bed torn, as was the bed sheets. Then we walked over to the desk and noticed a dirty soiled chair. Turned around and saw a vinyl couch from Love Boat era. The staff changed the dust ruffle and bedsheets. They replaced the dirty chair with one that was worn out but cleaner. They claimed to have changed the couch, looked the same to me. We usually travel on newer ships, but as I said earlier, the itinerary is what sold us. Once settled in cabin, up to the buffet. I was totally blown away at the lack and quality of food. I realize the parent company Royal Caribbean International needs funds to pay off the 3 monsters which we have sailed on both Oasis and Allure. That said, I cannot state how disappointed in the lack of quality and choice in both dining room and buffet. The lobster was rubber with a ton of salt. The meat was as tough as I ever had. We also ate in the Tuscan Grille one evening. The food served there, should have been in the dining room. Nothing special. I wonder why they took away the Olympic which was one of the best dining experienced to this date. Overall the staff was pleasant. However this ship needs to be put out to pasture, and RCI might want to look why they are losing customers. Even Carnival & NCL blow this away. Definitely NOT what we expected.

Premium Cruise line turns to bottom of the line Cruise line

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by lanny1122