Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by bmairs
- Sail Date: November 2016
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
1. Significantly improve the "My Dining" (front of house) organization. Standing in line from 4:30PM to be seated at 6:00PM is unacceptable without some time of advanced notification (or at least some type of seating for the elderly).
2. Cut WAY back on the significant pressure to sell thousands of dollars in jewelry at every turn. We have felt less pressure form timeshare sales people. At least the timeshare goons are only in your face for 4 hours - not daily for 7 days. It boggles the mind to push for sales that are well beyond the limitations set by Customs, and when this is mentioned, crew speaks privately in hushed tones that "... there are ways around things - we can explain in more details AFTER you make a purchase..."
3. If an event requires reservations, get serious about it instead of ignoring people who arrive an hour early and just take a seat (Aft Aqua Events). Crew member response [breaking away from flirting with another attractive crew member]: "Oh well - they were here before I got here so there is nothing I can do about it".
4. Ensure there is sufficient staff at the "Windjammer" to clear tables. We had to ask four different crew members one morning, and wait over 20 min before tables were cleared - then they cleared all 8 tables at one time.
5. Customer service actually has to provide a service. We asked for an email to detail our cruise frustrations and Customer Service said they did not have any emails for anybody associated with the cruise or RCCL, and we would have to go on-line to find the information.
6. Make a point in your advertising that 75% + of the passengers are expected to be octogenarian. According to many of the guests, this is considered 'normal' for this cruise (mid-November Eastern Caribbean) - but you don't find out until you have taken this cruise the first time (there will not be a second time for us).
7. Don't try to charge passengers $3.50 for free coffee (Deck 5 - 24 hour cafe).
8. When there is a change in show times - change the attitude of the restaurant staff. There is a significant lack of communication between food services and entertainment management.
9. Increase the advertised lead time to get into a show. If a show starts at 8PM, recommend that those with reservations get to the doors no later than 6:45PM, or they will not be able to get a clear view of the stage.
10. We understand that the first order of business of the pool deck crew is safety - commendable. However putting up signs on the pool deck that chairs that are "saved" for more than "30 minutes" will have towels and belongings moved by the pool deck crew, needs to be adjusted to something that reflects the reality of "120 minutes". The 80+ crowd arrives on the pool deck at 8AM, puts down a towel and a paperback, then goes for breakfast - back in 90 - 120 minutes to sit in the chair for 20 minutes, then takes off for another 90 - 120 minutes, repeating this pattern as it suites their needs. All along - very few people in the pools or hot tubs. The commentary is not so much on the geriatric set saving seats, as RCCL's signs which are not geared to reality.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Sea World ExplorerEnjoyed this tour very much. Tour operators were professional and very entertaining. HIGHLY recommended.View All 23 Sea World Explorer Reviews
Kennedy Space CenterBetter than DISNEY WORLD!View All 194 Kennedy Space Center Reviews
Universal Studios / Islands of AdventureEnjoyable for any movie buff, but some shows undergoing maintenance. Tried to get on one ride - stood in line for 45 min to find out that you need to have a waistline under 44" to go on the ride.View All 53 Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure Reviews
Walt Disney WorldWAY. TOO. BIG. If you go - rent a car - there is no other way to get to where you want to go with the very limited shuttle services. We will not be back to Florida to visit WDW - ever.View All 87 Walt Disney World Reviews
Island TourOperator was knowledgeable, but not friendly. Her French was excellent, but there was absolutely nothing to do or see on the French side of the Island where we had an hour to waste. 15 minutes would have been too long.View All 339 Island Tour Reviews
Magen Bay BeachWOW! 1.5Km of sugar sand beach with bar service to hip deep in the water. Transportation was great (thanks again Caesar) as we could not imagine driving that road>View All 217 Magen Bay Beach Reviews