• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

trurotraveler
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Superior Verandah Suite

We chose this particular cruise because of the itinerary in Australia and New Zealand. This was my second trip on Holland America, the first being to Bermuda and I was hoping for a better experience.

First for the positives: the cabin stewards and dinning staff, inclusive of the restaurants and Lido deck, were all very accommodating and attentive to our needs. The cabin, a suite, was very comfortable and well maintained. The ports visited were interesting and a fairly good variety of excursions were offered.

Now for the Negatives: There was a definite lack of organization for the excursions and the information provided for the ports of call was not properly vetted. In Melbourne we chose to go ashore on our own. We were told there was a tram that does a city loop and we would be able to get off at different points of interest. We specifically asked if the trams were accessible to a motorized scooter and we were assured that they were. Well......not all are and specifically those that loop the city are not. Unfortunately because of this misinformation our trip to Melbourne consisted of waiting at tram stops to get back to the ship and not being able to see any of the sights (so much for my dream vacation)

Superior Verandah Suite

Cabin SY

Spacious and clean. Enjoyed the large bathroom specifically the jetted tub

Port Reviews

Sydney (Australia)

We spent 2 days in Sydney on our own.....we did take the hop on hop off harbour cruise which I would highly recommend

Melbourne