3. Norwegian Pearl
I chose this cruise mostly for the price. I wanted to celebrate my birthday on a cruise with my daughter. I had a fantastic steak dinner at the Cagney Steakhouse for my birthday. I enjoyed the spa each day and the excursion in Jamaica. We did the River tubing and Bamboo Beach. The tour operators were fun and friendly and made the excursion well worth it. The ship itself is clean and everyone is nice to you. We ate mostly at the buffet except for my birthday dinner. The food at the buffet was good overall. I thought the cost of the drinks was extremely high -- $9 to 13 depending on what you got. Gratuity fee was added which made the cost higher. The bars were always busy so I'm sure they made more than enough money with their high prices. I don't understand why they have to charge so much. The stores charge way too much also. The best part of the trip was the excursion and our room steward who was always smiling and helpful -- a joy to encounter him each day. The spa was nice, clean and also overpriced. I got the $99 day use for the cruise and enjoyed using the hot tubs, heated lounge and therapy pool. We had a balcony cabin which was very nice and as expected. A little tight at times but overall quite nice. The activities were ok but really didn't participate in any of them. Did not go to any of the stage productions -- they just didn't sound very interesting. I would probably go on a Norwegian cruise again but would like to try a different ship.

Fun but not overly impressive

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by cds1146

cds1146’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10090
Clean and a little tight but not bad. Had a small problem with the toilet but was fixed very quickly.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins