• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Norwegian Sun Review

Editor Rating
2077 reviews
53 Awards

Very pleased with the ship after a disappointing experience on the Epic

Review for Norwegian Sun to South America
Bunson Bill
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Balcony

After being on the Epic in February I swore that I would never go onto another Norwegian Cruise again. However friends told me that they had experienced great cruises with Norwegian. When I discovered this cruise in early October with its unique itinerary and give away price I couldn't refuse. After notifying all my cruise friends about this deal one joined me. Very nice ship it reminded me of a Princess or a smaller RCI ship.

Embarkation in San Diego was alright for me but a nightmare for others as the cruiseport is minimal, NCI didn't acknowledge past cruiser except for their highest level. For some it took close to 4 hours. The ship had been chartered for a 5 day booze cruise, they were still waking people up to throw them off at noon. All the public carpets and half the staterooms had to be shampooed. Room were not available until 3PM. Big cheer for the crew as they did a fantastic job cleaning the ship.

As this a relocation cruise there were a lot of sea days. Norwegians enrichment program is almost not existent. we had one lecturer who was very Knowledgeable but has a monotone British voice which put people to sleep. The photographic manager gave one 45 minute presentation. Company policy does not allow him to give additional seminars although he indicated he was willing to do so. I have previously attended excellent photographic workshops on Princess which cost the cost cost the cruise line nothing to put on other than photocopying and a few prints.

Balcony

The couch was worn and needed replacement. A replacement is currently underway otherwise it was a nice large cabin. When I had problems with the air conditioning they were quick to respond and eventually replaced the coil and gave me a bottle of wine to compensate.

2 Helpful Votes