3. Queen Victoria
I booked with Queen Victoria mainly because I liked the itinerary. The Queen Victoria is an amazing boat - spotlessly clean and shiny, elegant and comfortable! It was just beautiful! The staff were very attentive and provided excellent service, mainly in the Britannia Dinning Room and my cabin steward. Some staff were a bit aloof but generally ok. They were going to varnish the balcony rails on one port stop however I mentioned I had issues with solvents so they said they wouldn't do my balcony and they did stick to their word on this which was great. I booked a midship balcony as I get seasick. The room was spacious, well decorated and the bed was incredibly comfortable, I was pleasantly surprised it was very spacious and meticulously maintained. The room steward was fantastic. The food was also delicious - breakfast was pretty typical cruise fare with a great choice but from lunch on it was wonderful. Dinners in the Brittania were fabulous and I have to commend the staff there were a few people at our table with allergies and gluten issues and every day they discussed with the manager with regards to the following nights men, so their food could be cooked separately or changed to suit their medical needs. There is a great choice on the menu and the staff are always attentive and remember your likes and dislikes from the previous evening. I was seated at a table of 8 as I was travelling solo, this was great everyone at my table appeared to be solo travellers too. I ate two meals in the Verandah Restaurant and really enjoyed this experience and meal. The entertainment was really great. I went to two lectures and these were interesting and well prepared - not too long just the perfect length of time. There is something for everyone. I did a couple of tours with Cunard but I must say they are expensive for what you seem to get. I had to complain on both tours about the bus driver using the mobile phone while driving and some roads were really scary bendy. The Corfu bus driver was telling the tour guide to tell us not to go in the water at the beach stop of the tour as he didn't want to get sand in his bus...I didn't find that appropriate. I felt rushed on both tours I did. I may have not booked this tour if i realised it was such a formal dress requirement, however I have to say I did enjoy dressing up for dinner and felt not everyone was complying with this requirement. There is a sense of hard sell for the Spa products and at the shops onboard. I guess this goes on all the time, so you just ignore and move on. My embarkation and transfer was smooth and quick as was the disembarkation to the airport. In all i really enjoyed my experience with Queen Victoria, I felt a little left out at times but enjoyed the ports of call. I am sure i would travel with Cunard again should the opportunity arise. I value staying safe and well and you feel this on Cunard.

Wonderful solo experience with Cunard and Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Lainey007

Lainey007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA 5081
Awesome location on the boat. Midship. I get seasick and felt nothing the whole 14 day cruise. Cabin has a balcony and is very spacious compared to some other liners. Its very comfortable and elegantly decorated. There was no noise from the rest of the boats activities. The shower area is small but I think there all like that. My Steward kept it meticulously clean and his customer service was fantastic. Greeted me by name every time he saw me. I would stay here again for sure.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins