3. Golden Princess
My wife and I chose this cruise mainly because of the Asian itinerary as we haven't travelled to those ports before. We also wanted to experience princess. Embarkation went fairly smoothly in Tianjin and soon we were on board and to our mini suite. First impressions of the ship were good as was our stateroom. As the cruise got going we observed new carpets being laid in the staircases. We thought the ship was a bit tired in places and could do with a bit of a paint job for eg in some places around the ship. Noticeable was a section of pool tiles missing from the Neptune pool and a person told us these same tiles were missing about 3 years back when he cruised the golden. These are not major things but need to be mentioned. A vile smell was being emitted onto our balcony e719 from downstairs which smelt like sewerage. This was annoying when trying to enjoy a drink on the balcony in the afternoon. Directly below our cabin on deck 7 the smell was even worse. What was extremely disappointing was the entertainment or lack of it. During the 25 days on this cruise we thought only 3 shows were decent. Music and things to do around the ship during the day were a non event and I think the cd has to take some of the blame for this as apparently this operation ( entertainment ) starts and stops with him. On a good note. Thought most of the food was satisfactory to good. Horizon court not much choice, bit small. Paid restaurants good to very good, but I must say the ultimate balcony dining experience was superb. The staff need to be mentioned also. Although a number of the staff were new on this cruise they were all great and did their job admirably. All in all I would rate this cruise reasonable but far from memorable. Probably wouldn't do the golden princess again, however would consider one of there newer ships in the fleet.

Some good and some bad

portcbob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME E719.
Nice position on ship. Nice and quite. Bed comfortable.
Downside was extreme sewerage smell at times coming from downstairs.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins