• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jolee513
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2009
Cabin:

I /we returned from the Panama Canal cruise on Coral Princess that left April 26th and returned May 15th. We were on the Aloha deck.  That cruise was not what I paid for! We went from 9 ports down to 6 ports with one being going to Nicaragua twice and the other being San Diego. Going to Nicaragua twice is unforgiving. It is a dirty, filthy, poverty stricken place with dead animal carcasses in the road, not to mention I/we didn't feel safe. We spent $128 for that? What a waste. I heard 2 ladies got their purse cut from the straps while they were in Antigua. Apparently it was vendors who stole their purses. The other port, San Diego, is pretty, but I didn't spend a lot of money to go to San Diego, when I've been there many times. Out of 19 days we were on the ship for 13 days. That doesn't sound like an adventurous vacation to me.

Another disappointment was lack of entertainment and activities. I know Princess had an issue with one of the entertainers. Princess told him he had to do another show even though it was not in his contract. When I was on the shuttle from the ship to LAX I heard him say Princess only paid him ½ the amount of the normal fee for the last show. What does that say about how Princess treats the people they hire? Do you think they really care about the passengers? The entertainment seems to repeat a lot and the activities that were free at one time now cost money. The activities were next to nil. The TV in our cabin didn't work. We couldn't get TNT or TCM clear and steady. Those 2 stations along with a few others said "No signal" or if it did come in, it would pause, go black, and start, pause go black and start, pause go black and start the entire time.  I reported it to the cabin steward. The next day he said someone checked it and it was working fine. No, it wasn't working fine. I don't think anyone even looked at it. It got to a point whenever we left the cabin, it costs money, so we just took naps everyday we were at sea. BORING! We seem to run out of food toward the end. I noticed the lack of eggs and pastry in the Horizon Court was not what it was throughout the cruise.  The last week of the cruise I noticed nobody was smiling and I couldn't blame them.

I realize Princess is just a business and doesn't care about the passengers. I feel that Princess should have given us the option of either to cancel or postpone the cruise. The swine flu was already in Mexico one week before we left so why didn't we have the option. I asked for compensation in some way either ship credit, or money off a future cruise, & was told no, they won't do anything for us. I was thinking about going to Hawaii on Princess but now I've changed my mind. I will now sail on Princess again!

Cabin bal

I didn't really have a problem with the cabin. The only thing is I wish they would make the bathroom bigger. The shower is way too small. You can't move around or put your elbows out and forget about shaving your legs. The cream just runs down the drain before you have a chance to shave.

2 Helpful Votes