3. Carnival Miracle
My wife and I have cruised on Norwegian twice and this was our first time on Carnival. It was like taking a step down from what we had expected. I can only conclude that all the good reviews we read are from people who did't expect much. The ship is definitely showing it's 30+ years old, and although I read it was dry docked in 2012 for refurbishing, it doesn't show it. The rooms have not been updated and while clean, the plumbing needs work. Embarkment procedures, yes long lines, but that was expected. The worst part was standing around for a least 30 minutes during muster waiting for guidance on the safety procedures. Everyone stood around waiting to hear about the safety protocol with no updates on when were going to hear anything, while they rounded up all the stragglers. Food - Average at best. Again always waiting in line for the same food I would have gotten at Hometown Buffet. I really wanted a good salad bar, but that was below average in choices so I stayed away from that completely. The main dining room, although decorated nicely, the food and service were awful. We went 3 nights and one of us had to send food back each nights. Bland, no flavor or cold. The service was hit or miss. On the 2nd night was Halloween and also elegant night. We checked with guest service to see what the code would be for the night. We were told either costume or elegant attire. Several men were turned away for wearing shorts, as part of their costume, while others were let in with no costume and only wearing t-shiirts and jeans. Women were let in wearing shorts and flip flops but men were subject to more strict rules. There was a lot of complaining because the dress policy seemed very subjective. As a matter of fact, all of the ships rules were enforced consistently and complaining about it went on deaf ears. Pools - 3 Pools on the ship. One mid-ship, one forward, and the the Serenity Pool (adult pool), although we witnessed kids running around in there. The Serenity pool was often busy and often had it's share of loud, crass, low-class people in the pool itself (that was my take anyway). Service - hit or miss. It seemed like the service team was worn down and tired, nobody smiled at us once the whole cruise. My cabin steward was very nice and pleasant and the only one who called us by name. Excursions - The best part of the whole trip. The excursion to Las Clients was awesome and highly recommended. The down side is that on a 6 day cruise we only had 18 hours at our ports. Would love to spend more time at either just not on a cruise. All in all, as the title says, very disappointed.

Very Disappointed

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by vanetten

All in all, as the title says, very disappointed.
vanetten’s Full Rating Summary