3. Carnival Dream
This cruise was an add on to our holiday in New Orleans. There was an issue with my not having my ESTA at hand on embarkation, I felt that I would not be allowed to board the ship without proof that I actually possessed one. Although I would not have got passed immigration at the airport without it. Once on board thing improved somewhat. The cabin was clean and comfortable, our cabin maid Rhamei was friendly always smiling and kept the cabin spotless. The entertainment is as every cruise, good all round entertainment, take your pick of what suits you, there is a letter put in the cabin every night with details for the next day so you have no excuse if you miss out on something. I have to commend Jace the cruise director, boundless energy, approachable, funny, exhausting just to watch. We dined in the formal dining room some nights,the food is nothing especially special, the table settings, flat wear etc are nice and without our server Romar it would have been just ok, she was sparkly, took time to converse and listen to us. Also our wine waitress( sorry didn't get your name) served in the piano bar as well, remembered our preference in drink. The cafeteria is named The Gathering. The food was edible that's about all I can say about it. One thing I don't under stand, there are places other than the Gathering That serve Indian, Italian, Chinese(Tibetan Wok)food but these are only open for lunch!!!! Ports and excursions, There is something for everyone, most of the ports have private contractors doing the same trips that you can purchase from the cruise line for much the same price. If you want 100% guarantee though stick with the cruise excursions. Ask at the customer service desk if you are unsure or have any concerns about anything, our favourite go to was Oana, Knowledgeable or if she doesn't know the answer will go out of her way to find out.

My own opinion

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MaggiJW

MaggiJW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Pleasantly appointed, lots of drawer and hanging space with sufficient number of clothes hangers. Lurid canvas prints on the walls in an attempt to brighten the space, would do better with beach scenes and/or seascapes.
  Carnival Dream Deck Plans

• Snuba
    The experience of going walking under water sounds brilliant, but it was just an expensive 40 minute under water photo (more expense) shoot. The helmets are very heavy even underwater, it gets very cold whilst you're waiting for them to get everyone into the water and then waiting whilst everyone gets their photo taken with not much to see. I had bruises on my shoulders from the weight of the helmet,
  • Stingray Swim
    The crew on the catamaran we took were very good, snorkels etc were provided, good experience.
    View All 686 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Beach
    We took the bus it was what it says, sandy beach, loungers and umbrella. Hagglers trying to sell stuff were not prevalent thank to beach staff.
  • New Orleans
    My partner and I booked independently to stay in New Orleans before and after our cruise. Central Nola is within walking distance if you stay in one of the city centre hotels. For the most part it's fairly flat with the streets laid to a grid pattern. We stayed on Bourbon Street which in itself is an assault on all the senses, loud, bright lights, wall to wall people at the weekends. Go midweek it's marginally not quite as loud or busy. At night stick to the most populated streets, but do get out and explore, you'll come across bars with outstanding musicians.
    View All 601 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews