3. Brilliance of the Seas
This cruise was a charter, so many things may have been different. I have cruised over 10 times, but this was my first experience on Royal Caribbean. First of all the ship was nice and airy, a great greeting when we cam on board. Our drink packages were already on the card. (an improvement over Carnival, the same as NCL). We were not greeted with a bunch of "buy this" which was great. I like to go to lunch in the main dining room. This was not an option. We had an ADA compliant oceanview room. (the chartering agent had not separated out ADA rooms so I had to look at deck plans to do this myself when we made our reservations). The door was an automatic door with a good amount of time for a wheel chair to enter the room. (It took us awhile to figure out it would close on its own). the room was spacious, the bathroom was also excellent. The keeping water in the shower was a problem. . .. not an unusual problem in an ADA room. Instead of no bathroom door sill, this sill was ramped. We found ourselves tripping on the ramp often. Perhaps on a longer cruise we would have gotten it through our skulls and been less clutch in this regard. The room did not have a posting of how to turn off an emergency call if accidentally hit, so on day four when i accidentally tripped the switch getting into the shower, I knew I would be visited by an employee soon. . . he arrived just as i was getting out of the shower. He then showed me how to disable the call. Royal Caribbean was very stingy with their pool towels. You had to swipe each one out, and return them also with a swipe. Ironically these were the least desirable towels I had ever experienced on a ship. I can't imagine anyone wanting to steal one. I had a Royal Replenishment drink package which worked very well for me: though they had neither Root Beer nor Ginger Beer on the ship, a disappointment for me. the fresh squeezed orange juice, and chai lattes made up for it for me. I do not drink colas. They put us all on "my time dining" I felt fortunate to have chosen the late show as that gave us time to eat in the main dining room, or a specialty dining room each night before the main concert. Those with early show tickets either had to walk out before their dinner was complete, or eat in the buffet each night. They simply put people at tables until they were full and then took orders. It seemed as though the food service was quite slow, and the waiters were not particularly attentive. Forget about requesting anything off menu. Was this because we were a charter? or is this normal for Royal Caribbean? not at all sure. Apparently the Kids' Club did not operate during the charter which made life difficult for cruisers with pre-teen children. This was a surprise, and made me glad I hadn't brought children with me. I loved the solarium pool area. I called it "the elephant pool" Out of the sun and the noise of the "pool deck" and the pool was long enough to actual swim in. I really appreciated this. The water was extremely salty. (Not sure why, it didn't need to be that salty for sanitizing purposes, and it was definitely saltier that the sea on our stops). The hot tub was pleasant, and I enjoyed spending time in this area. The entertainment was the reason for our charter, and for the most part was excellent. A little more variety would have been appreciated by me. I will do this again.

Rock and Roll on the Rocking Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by skipperanne

I will do this again.
skipperanne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Large Ocean View ADA State Room. The room was lovely. There was plenty of storage space for two. The view from the large window was lovely. There was a ramp into the bathroom which was a challenge at times that we were walking about the room, but made entry into the bathroom much safer than a sill would have been. The door opened wide automatically when the key card was inserted. There was also an opening button in the cabin. There was a small refrigerator which we didn't use There was also a safe. We had to request ice, but once requested it was kept full.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans

• Private Resort Day Pass
    We gathered at the pier and were given wrist bracelets, we boarded a bus and were taken to the resort beach. We had an area, "just for us" and some dedicated staff. We had unlimited drinks, and all we could eat food. The waster was lovely and there was a play structure in the water that was included. The staff provided games for us to play (water balloon toss, a water / sponge relay race, and sand castle building, all prizes were resort t-shirts size medium. I had a lovely time. Not sure it was worth the cost, but as I had paid for it months earlier, i didn't worry about it.
    View All 196 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Trolley Tour
    We took the Pride tour of Key West. This was quite enjoyable. As we had very little time before the on board concert, we did not have time to do any exploring on our own.
    View All 146 Trolley Tour Reviews