3. Carnival Vista
We spent our honeymoon on Carnival Vista's second voyage. Over 10 days, we traveled to four different countries and enjoyed several of the excursions offered aboard! The ship itself is huge. It took us several days to learn how to navigate each floor, and the ship is set up a bit differently than the typical cruise ship. There's no efficient way to get from point A to point B, often times it required you to go across one floor, up, and back down to go over. If you have mobility issues, this might prove to be difficult. The physical spaces on the ship are beautiful, not small and even the dining rooms feel more like a high-end restaurant rather than a 'cruise ship'. Some of the lifetime cruisers weren't fans of the ship because the main performance hall was set up with moveable furniture as a multi-purpose space, but I hardly noticed. Still stunning and a great place to spend an evening! Room: A few days before the trip, I upgraded our room to one with a balcony view for a great deal. Figured it was worth the money given the long trip, and it was a great decision. We had plenty of space for cocktails and morning coffee, and the view each morning was lovely. Bed was comfortable, and room was a great size for two people. I would certainly do this again if I were going to be on the ship for more than 5 days. It was nice having some privacy. Food: The Lido Deck food was good enough. Plenty of variety and consistently good. We loved the Guy Fieri restaurant, also the Blue Iguana for lunch and tacos. Evening in the dining room was ok, not quite what I remember but nothing to turn up your nose about. Still fine dining in a beautiful setting! Alchemy offered the BEST cocktails on board, and many people purchased wine and brought it back on the ship to drink later. I'm not sure how that was allowed, but it didn't seem to be an issue. We spent one night at the steakhouse, and it offered quite a deal. I do recommend trying that for something different! Entertainment: Outstanding. Great shows, great parties on the Lido deck, and outstanding offerings. We went to the comedy club almost every night and loved it! Also recommend the pools and the slides. Great fun for an adventure!! There were about 20-30 kids on this ship, but you'd never know they were around. Camp Carnival seemed to be high quality, keeping kids busy! Excursions: We had booked several excursions beforehand, and I recommend that. For the European trips, the ports aren't like the Caribbean ports. When getting off the ship, you are several miles from actually being able to enjoy the city. Book in advance because trips off ship fill up quickly. We went to Rome, Marsilles, Athens, Pompeii and a wine tour in Tuscany. We found all tours to be high quality, safe and reliable. Tour guides were good. We ran into some people that booked tours that were NOT through Carnival, but being that we were in Europe we weren't willing to take a chance with missing the ship given timing or traffic. Staff: Friendly and helpful. Matt is one of the best cruise directors I've seen (this was my fourth cruise). I got very sick with a lung infection and had go see the ship doctor. Great service from her too! When we had to cancel an excursion due to me being sick, we got a full refund. I should also add that security was through getting on and off the ship. Not a single complaint regarding staff or crew. Only Concern: Getting on the ship was a mess. It was only their second voyage, and I think that the staff were ready for a slow-trickle boarding. Thousands of people showed up at once to get on, and the stations with ropes for boarding weren't even set up. It was nearly chaos. I expected a more well-oiled machine, and we left port late on day one because of this and other issues.

Beautiful Ship, Great Food and Wonderful Staff!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by lstarli1