3. Empress of the Seas
We were trying out the cruise from our travel agent and loved the service and the cruise, this was a good Royal Caribbean cruise. The other cruises were less hospitable, but this Indian and Philippines hospitality crew was simply fantastic, they did everything to make it great. They explained the services well and followed up. I also liked the front desk manager, captain great friendly. It was not the best for kids and the maintenance on the ship rooms was poor. Things broke down often, we were not able to get sleep. I loved the dining experience, but the chef got the dietary requests wrong consistently. However there were options, so we adjusted easily. Cruise was cleaner than the average ship and was not over crowded. Shopping was very good. Casino was great, but the casino dealers were terrible. I was trying my hand at new games and they were not friendly. I lost a lot of money for the rules at the cruise tables. And its not like there is a board explaining them! Overall still very good recommend highly.

Great hospitality for adults, (not great for kids)

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by greenblue

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

Cruise was cleaner than the average ship and was not over crowded.

Shopping was very good.

Overall still very good recommend highly.
greenblue’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

lot of issues with the room, maintenance was slow to respond.

cabin was clean, but very tight!
  Empress of the Seas Deck Plans

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Felt safe and well organized - easy.

But the driver left us to run some errands on his van. Guides had some disagreement since they only paid for spanish.

We were told it would be 3 to 4 hours and to show us 6 or more pyramids. Guide only said 20 to 30 mins, which was stark opposite. Still worth the visit.
    View All 367 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Chankanaab National Park Tour
    Nightmare, SCAM.

1) We bought the all inclusive passes for the park to go to Chankanaab dolphins and ziplines

2) When we got there, they changed the prices on the package.

3) Then on the inside (discovery cove), they again denied the kids the dolphin rides after payment based on their height. While, I showed them the kids met the height requirement (based on the height scaled at the counter). They would not refund the ~100$ / person. Then she claimed she did not speak English.

4) Zip line made us purchase new passes again (after I purchased package)

5) Pictures were a rip off - 35$ per picture!!! I CANNOT ACCEPT this as a fair tourist place.

6) While waiting in line on the return trip to cruise - Mr. Oscar was taking cash tips from others so he let them jump the line. He held us back for 30 mins, and we almost missed our ship.

This place is a SCAM.