3. Royal Princess
We chose that cruise line because they had best islands and stops. We did not want to sail to Mexico and this was one of a few cruises that had many stops and the price was somewhat affordable. Our housekeeper "Speedy Gonzalez" as he called himself from Philippines was just wonderful. We even asked him not to make our room and he still cleaned it sometimes 2-3 times a day! He was always easy to communicate and had a great smile on his face. He worked super hard and we always saw him working cleaning somebody's room. As far as the ship experience goes, it was good but nothing amazing. On that ship majority of people were above 50 years old and the entire ship catered to that audience.They had a book study clubs, very few dance parties mostly classical music and at piano playing. A few concerts and a few magic shows. So on entertainment side it was lacking big! We were on Carnival cruise and they had fun karaoke parties from 80's etc.. they also had great dance events happening at the same time. On Princess it was one thing happening and that's it. Huge casino area, and just roaming around....shops not much else. The islands and the stops were good but at first island at Bahamas they had a line to grab food to make your own plate and there were LOTS of flies just flying around and sitting on food!! I have it on my video and it was just disgusting!!! Despite flies sitting on food/bread/vegetables/cheese/ people still filled their plates (but we didn't). Then one of their smaller boats that arrives from the ship to shore to pick up people broke and we were standing on hot blazing sun for good 45 to 60 minutes. We were handed wet towels but not water lol Toward the end of our trip I think somebody died on the ship and they fired up all engines to arrive to USA asap. We arrived 6 hours earlier but our debarkation was on time. The cabin was terrible. We had 3 people (my teenage son) was sleeping on top bed that was unfolding above another bed. The room was TINY you could barely walk to balcony and back. I was expecting to see a sofa that'd convert into bed but it wasn't the choice. Compared to Carnival Breeze there our room was very spacious. So my overall rating for this vacation was meh....

Cruise ship for senior citizens

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Alex260

So my overall rating for this vacation was meh....
Alex260’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
We were on deck 10 Baha or Baja. Balcony room for 3 people. The room was tiny. If one person was standing in hallway dressing up, another person could not walk by. The bunk bed was unfolded and it made the room to feel more cramped.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins