3. Harmony of the Seas
This was our annual cruise vacation, and we wanted to make it overly special by traveling on the Harmony of the Seas - currently, the world's largest cruise ship. I traveled with my wife and two kids (12 & 11). The ship is massive, and was by far the king of cruise ships. The newness of all the materials, structures, artwork, and design was amazing. It is not that different from the Allure or Oasis, so don't expect to be blown away, but RC did give a nice facelift to the the whole ship design. The Windjammer Fantastic new design and updates. You now have to wash your hands before you enter the eating area. But, it is laid out to wear of full time attendants are not present at the exit door, you can easily enter the area that way, and defeats the purpose. Typical WJ food fare. The seating layout is somewhat ridiculous though, as they have 6 person tables all lined up against the viewing windows - and two people are routinely seen in these seats. Also, I saw countless 5 person tables....yes, 5 person tables. That's dumb, since the majority arrive in quantities of two. This cuts down the available seating significantly. The pools & waterslides They look great, and I wanted to really enjoy them. Unless you have a speedo on (which I didn't), the waterslides are a bit of a challenge. They do not have enough water running down them to make it all the way through without getting stuck. At least that was my experience. They have a new tidepool, which graduates to the lounge chairs. Bad part is that both these additions create water issues EVERYWHERE. Walking on Deck 15 is like a slosh pool of water, and creates a hazard for older people walking through. It took 4 people all day long to clean up water. They will have to fix this...One of my biggest gripes. They have 4 active pools, which make it great to split up the kids and adults, and we never had a constraint finding a lounge chair. Dreamworks & Shows We went to a few shows, but not all of them. ISkate, 1887, Fine Line, Grease & Columbus. Great talent, and great performances by all the actors and singers. Columbus made no sense, apparently that is the style of the current director, and most shows have no story line. Seems like the emphasis on Dreamworks is starting to go away....Not sure how I feel about this. Rooms Rooms were awesome and as described. The virtual balcony was nice, but not necessary. Overkill...Probably extra monitors left over. Attendants were phenomenal once again, but I'm noticing the overall friendliness is diminishing over the last three cruises - It used to have a more personal feel, but that is going away. Also, got many wifts of sewage in the halls from time to time. Dining We elected to do my time dining...and will never do it again. We enjoyed the seating schedule in the past, but tried this with two active kids. We always had to fight to get a seat, and reservations were always into the late time hours. They have also changed the menu considerably, so if you are planning on having your favorite meal again, it probably won't happen. They've moved some popular dishes to the specialty restaurants. We tried Jamie's Italian & Johnny Rockets, both which were really good. Photos Seemingly newbies for the portrait photos, so reserve any picture package purchases until the end. Adventure Ocean/Teen Living Room Adventure staff was always friendly, and many kuddos for all their hard work with the kids. The whole area has a profuse smell...Not all dirty diaper, but just smells bad. Not sure what it is. Embarkation, Departure. The fastest departure of all the cruises I have ever been on. We did the self-check out, and it was fast. Embarkation was typical.

Harmony is a great ship, but has a few dinks.

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by kcdavis2010