Avalon Artistry II Cruise Review

Great ship, great crew, great trip!

Avalon Artistry II Cruise Review by michaeltfl

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

We weren't sure what cruise line to choose, sort of happened upon this one on the recommendation of a friend of a friend and were glad we did! The entire staff was friendly, the Cruise Director, Minka, was fantastic, and when low water levels threatened the ship, the captain steered us through as the only cruise ship to make it down the Danube that cruise. The food was great, and the sights we saw were amazing.

Cruising down the Danube was something that I never thought I would be able to do, but Avalon not only made it happen, they made it easy. I also need to say something about the individual tour guides: they were very knowledgeable, and some were even funny!

I would absolutely recommend this cruise line to anyone who is considering a European river cruise. Now, if I could just remember what the house white wine was on board, it would be fantastic!

michaeltfl's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 304

I was worried about the size of the cabin, but it was huge compared to others. Avalon does a great thing: The outside balcony becomes part of the cabin, but the entire wall opens up so your whole cabin can become essentially a balcony. This gives more room to the interior, which they utilize by adding some space to the bathroom (THANK YOU!) and let the bed face the open window wall. What a great idea!

michaeltfl