3. Golden Princess
This is the third time I have cruised on Golden Princess and brings my total number of nights on this ship to 36 nights. Overall for me it was good to see the ship again and they really know how to look after you. Upon boarding I had my allocated balcony cabin on Lido deck and the steward welcomed me back with delivery of the elite mini bar set up as per usual. Each night I was given complimentary passes to the alternate dining venues like Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I got a letter saying that I was on the most traveled list and that this was to thank me for my continued loyalty. I was able to decide on each night which restaurant I wanted to eat in and they would accommodate me. I think part of this has to do with the fact I also currently have 3 future cruises booked with Princess On the second afternoon I received a 75 minute Swedish massage paid for with the extra on board credit I was issued. The spa was quite busy that evening but I was given a time without any problems at short notice. The staff are mostly Chinese in the spa who give the massages and this was apparently because in Asia the majority of the passengers are now Chinese and this is becoming a big passenger group for Princess now. The ship had previously come through Asia. The cabin was in relatively good condition. The beds were pushed together to make a double however I felt one of the beds the mattress was completely deflated and indented into a weird crater type position. The balcony furniture was in excellent condition and the railings appeared to have a new coat of varnish. The cabin was very clean. I also got to spend the remaining credit on some clothing in the boutiques on board thanks to great booking deals given. I also got the usual wine tasting invitation for the 1st day at sea. Overall I was happy with the experience I received. Passenger mix was different. Some clearly regular cruisers, others clearly first timers and others who looked like they did not belong. Some of the funny things I noticed was the queues on one side of the buffet line that I walked straight past only to find no queues at the open serving line on the other side. I guess some people are sheep and enjoy joining long queues opposed to walking a few more meters to find out if there is less people on the other side! Same thing when departing the ship there were long queues of people waiting to use the lifts. I walked straight past these people to find an empty and perfectly satisfactory escalator. The only real issue I have with Princess operating out of Australia is that they tend to remove their usual wine and drink menus and replace them with an Australian version. To some it may seem a good idea but to me it takes away that home away from home feel that Princess offers when you board one of their ships. It was disappointing not to be able to order my favourite wines from past sailings or have certain drinks that I always enjoy on Princess ships.

Still a Great Ship

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Brisbane41

Brisbane41’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF L225
The cabin was in good condition and well maintained. There was some minor cosmetic wear and tear on carpet edges and edges of furniture but this was to be expected and of no consequence to the enjoyment. The air conditioning was working fine. One of the beds that were pushed together had depressed mattress so bad that someone with incredible weight must have damaged the mattress and it has not been replaced.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins